Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Spring Game Thread

Add topic

Local Owl said

Mark, I know Owl In Training may have been joking, but Kiffin looked "not very head coach like".  I heard more than one fan mention it. I know he has his own style, but With all of the recruits and families there today, I would have thought he would represent a little better. Not overly impressed  so far. Rick posted stats. Driskel was the highlight .

Posted On: Apr 22nd 2017, 8:54 PM #368464

Bill Belichick doesn't dress the part and he seems to do fine.  Kiffin can wear a speedo for all I care as long as we start playing winning exciting football.  And bet the recruits and families feel the same.

Back to the top

"I Have Heard It All", I knew Bellichek"s name would come up once I made the statement. Lane is no Bill. All I'm saying is every coach has some clothing on that showed they were a FAU coach. All but one. And I have a personal thing about guys ( grown men) that still wear their hats backward. Everyone is right about the fact that most don't care as long as he wins. I feel that way too. This was his first public appearance on FAU field. It is just my opinion.
Back to the top

I feel like a dang fool. I just watched a couple of game videos and it looks like Lane was in gear. I know football. I know what Kiffen looks like. Who the heck was I looking at on the field. If I am wrong,sorry Lane.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I feel like a dang fool. I just watched a couple of game videos and it looks like Lane was in gear. I know football. I know what Kiffen looks like. Who the heck was I looking at on the field. If I am wrong,sorry Lane.
Posted On: Apr 23rd 2017, 6:37 AM #368480

He was in gear.  I also don't think his visor was on backwards.  Must be someone else.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

"I Have Heard It All", I knew Bellichek"s name would come up once I made the statement. Lane is no Bill. All I'm saying is every coach has some clothing on that showed they were a FAU coach. All but one. And I have a personal thing about guys ( grown men) that still wear their hats backward. Everyone is right about the fact that most don't care as long as he wins. I feel that way too. This was his first public appearance on FAU field. It is just my opinion.
Posted On: Apr 23rd 2017, 6:26 AM #368479

"Rally Cap" for the O? :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Bring binoculars.  It was still a silly comment.  Same for the guy criticizing the coaches kid for wearing non existent gator gear.  Let's focus on real problems of the program like not practicing a lightning delay yesterday.

Back to the top

Personally for me, I am glad the D line played well but they were probably facing the 2nd and 3rd team lines for the most part. Good experience and learning time for the guys playing this spring but our 1st string O line is still out. I pray they get better and re-take their rolls come fall!!!!! And great news that Reggie is playing again, get him back and strong and in shape by fall too!!!!

And NO serious injuries right? If that is true than is was a very good spring camp and spring game.

AND loads of Power 5 talent coming in this fall too - many less drops and screw ups and more speed and skill on the way for Briles and the O!
Back to the top

A wonderful house guest said

Local Owl said

Bring binoculars.  It was still a silly comment.  Same for the guy criticizing the coaches kid for wearing non existent gator gear.  Let's focus on real problems of the program like not practicing a lightning delay yesterday.

Posted On: Apr 23rd 2017, 10:11 AM #368483

Practising a lightning delay - i like that - that is a good one.

One secret to it - come BACK OUT FIRED UP!!!!!!!!!! Everyone else we have played has done that!
Back to the top

A wonderful house guest said

Local Owl said

Let's focus on real problems of the program like not practicing a lightning delay yesterday.

Posted On: Apr 23rd 2017, 10:11 AM #368483

Very good point

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Dude, just my opinion. Sorry for ruffling your feathers. Next time I comment on something I will make sure not to offend you. But next time you will probably sign in under a different name.
Back to the top
Control functions: