Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Spring Game Thread

Add topic

The O performed as I expected this early on. I think once they establish an identity and get into rhythm, the pace will pick up and the points will get on the board. I kept hearing that they weren't playing plays that they had played during practice. I think Johnson played a little better second half vs first but still not what I had expected. Sounds like he owned it.

LBs did ok. Barnwell is a nice surprise and Jacob Douglas looked pretty good too. Even had an interception.

Another thing I noticed is more interaction between coaches and players. Past few years coaches always seemed to be disconnected and huddled together. Wilson Love, man I'd come to a game just to watch him. I think I burned about 10,000 calories watching him run from player to player. They need to mic him up.
Back to the top

Love is crazy in a good kind of way. Players got to love having a guy like that around. I think we all agree that it seems like we have two QB's that can run the show. And that the added players over the summer and fall will change the look of the team. I don't know how good we will be , but I will assure everyone that these coaches will get the most out of the guys and they will be prepared for each game. No more being out coached.
Back to the top

We NOW have a Power 5 Coaching staff, not an FCS one!
Back to the top

Any news on recruiting from the game and weekend? Many schools reporting commits after their spring games.
Back to the top

Why do I see Lane Kiffin at FAU as a "Waiting For Guffman"-type scenario, with the hilarious local townspeople
Back to the top

nickp said

Why do I see Lane Kiffin at FAU as a "Waiting For Guffman"-type scenario, with the hilarious local townspeople
Posted On: Apr 23rd 2017, 6:39 PM #368504
Go back to your pathetic panther message board, the other two fans are lonely.  Kudos on the obscure reference though.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

We NOW have a Power 5 Coaching staff, not an FCS one!
Posted On: Apr 23rd 2017, 5:42 PM #368502

Great point!
Back to the top

Earlier today Coach L Kiffin tweeted a photo of his kids on the field wearing FAU gear from the spring game, so that ends that discussion.

Please allow me to apologize for the message board Coach! Glad your here and looking forward to a new great season!
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Earlier today Coach L Kiffin tweeted a photo of his kids on the field wearing FAU gear from the spring game, so that ends that discussion.

Please allow me to apologize for the message board Coach! Glad your here and looking forward to a new great season!
Posted On: Apr 23rd 2017, 9:05 PM #368507

No need to apologize.

Our Owl fans noticed the Royal Blue shirts (gator color, not FAU) and thought they were wearing Gator gear. Completely understandable from a distance.  That's what you get with "free" giveaway gear.

Does that make me sound jaded?  

I have this thing about quality FAU Gear and there is a lot of it out there that is not quality, but most people won't notice .  Maybe I am too close to it & should realize it will always be out there.  

But it's just not my style to be quiet about things I am passionate about.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

nickp said

Posted On: Apr 23rd 2017, 6:39 PM #368504
Go back to your pathetic panther message board, the other two fans are lonely.  Kudos on the obscure reference though.
Posted On: Apr 23rd 2017, 8:13 PM #368505

+1

The FIU contingent loves to knock our hiring of Lane Kiffin.  If I was an FIU fan (and I am clearly NOT) I would probably also.  I actually was happy when they hired Butch. I think it's a great hire for them and I mean that.  I think Lane is a great hire for us. Good for all of us in CUSA.

If we hired Butch we would be happy. If they hired Lane, they would be happy. No one will ever admit it.

But let's be brutally honest.  You hear absolutely nothing about Butch Davis in the big scheme of College football right now.

Let's Go Owls.
Back to the top
Control functions: