Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 Orlando Sentinel Countdown: Owls #106

This countdown is a shadow of its former self IMHO, but regardless there just is not enough known about the Owls to make a rankings claim at this point. Some of the most talented guys we have aren't even here yet.

Confirming that notion, there is simply no substance here just a bunch of uncertainty from the "experts". The video is pretty much an "I don't know" session with a spoiler alert that they have FIU ranked higher.

Enjoy…

College football rankings: FAU Owls - Orlando Sentinel
Back to the top

I think thats about right. Lane is good but who knows how his system gets installed and how the players react to it and his style of coaching.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

C-USA teams that have been listed so far:

130 UAB

126 Charlotte

110 Rice

106 FAU

Back to the top

OwlFamily said

I think thats about right. Lane is good but who knows how his system gets installed and how the players react to it and his style of coaching.
Posted On: May 11th 2017, 8:51 AM #368675

Vegas knows, they have been within 1 game the last 4-of-7 years.

Waiting to see what they have to say…

:Big-Grin:

For now, will definitely go out on a limb and predict we will finish above 106. No homer here, just believe that with the JUCO guys we have coming in and significant the uptick in game management and coaching we will be a decent (not great) football team.
Back to the top

I agree it is about right for a bad team last year. Coach K and staff will coach better, recruit better and win!

The fact that the D looks so much more AGGRESSIVE already, back to pre Charlie days is a huge step. If we cut points and yards down to even 10% we will be much better off. And when the Baylor O gets going with the new talent I pray qualifies and plays this fall…….

6 to 8 wins this year guys!!!!
Back to the top

By the way, when are the JUCOS expected to arrive on campus? And any word on any "issues" regarding eligibility?
Back to the top

Summer
Back to the top

We still have huge gaps on this team.

I think we are seriously deficient of talent on the DLine, LB and Safety postion.  

OLine is a HUGE question mark.

QB is a question mark.

I'm not solf 2017 is going to be a big win year.  I think 6 wins with this group is a huge accomplishment.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I'm not solf 2017 is going to be a big win year.  I think 6 wins with this group is a huge accomplishment.
Posted On: May 11th 2017, 5:32 PM #368681

We have only had 1 season of 6 wins in the last 8 years.  

I would say a parade would be in order when we get 6 wins again.
Back to the top

Not that surprising. A high ranking for a former 3-9 (and incomplete) team and a completely new coaching staff wouldn't make any sense.

Obviously this is going to be a huge test for Kiffin and Briles. Sure they can dominate with the nation's top athletes - but can they dominate in our conference with a 3-9 team? If they can a number of things will happen including a much higher ranking next year.

So this will be a more interesting ranking next year… this year's ranking is a wash.
Back to the top
Control functions: