Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 Orlando Sentinel Countdown: Owls #106

walty12 said

Dale Carnegie said

walty12 said

The oddsmakers are right wayyyyyy more often than they are wrong.  There is a reason we are 3 TD underdogs.  It's not because the odds makers are stupid.

Here is an article to actually educate yourself instead of listening to misinformed opinions.

Posted On: Jun 2nd 2017, 10:47 AM #369039

Another fine graduate of Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" Academy.

Posted On: Jun 2nd 2017, 12:48 PM #369040

Dale Carnegie said

walty12 said

The oddsmakers are right wayyyyyy more often than they are wrong.  There is a reason we are 3 TD underdogs.  It's not because the odds makers are stupid.

Here is an article to actually educate yourself instead of listening to misinformed opinions.

Another fine graduate of Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" Academy.

You realize this is a message board for college football right?  I'm not trying to sell you patio furniture or get you to recognize me for a promotion.  I couldn't care less if you "liked" my profile on this message board.

Frankly, your ever chaning name and tone on this forum sucks.  But guess why I dont really care…its a chat forum.  Yep, a chat forum.

The opinions on lines not being a prediction of the results on the game is just wrong.  Why not come out with FAU giving Navy 21 points?  Because the people that set the odds for a living…think 21 is the number of points we will lose by.  And if you bet against them 100 times…you would lose more often than you win.  Promise.

Now, would you like me to structure this as a feel, felt and found statement so you and Dusky feel good about my post?  You've got it sport.

I empathize with your perception, based on a lot of data and studies I feel differently.  Can I show you some articles that may change your mind sir?  If you would be so kind.  Thank you.
Posted On: Jun 2nd 2017, 3:43 PM #369045
Lighten up Francis, someone got their panties in a bunch? 😂

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

GRETA MOVIE QUOTE FROM A FLICK I LOVE!
Back to the top

Woke up and realized I was one day closer to kick off. Interested to see how these camps, with power teams,helps us.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

walty12 said

Dale Carnegie said

walty12 said

Dale Carnegie said

walty12 said

You realize this is a message board for college football right?  I'm not trying to sell you patio furniture or get you to recognize me for a promotion.  I couldn't care less if you "liked" my profile on this message board.

Frankly, your ever chaning name and tone on this forum sucks.  But guess why I dont really care…its a chat forum.  Yep, a chat forum.

The opinions on lines not being a prediction of the results on the game is just wrong.  Why not come out with FAU giving Navy 21 points?  Because the people that set the odds for a living…think 21 is the number of points we will lose by.  And if you bet against them 100 times…you would lose more often than you win.  Promise.

Now, would you like me to structure this as a feel, felt and found statement so you and Dusky feel good about my post?  You've got it sport.

I empathize with your perception, based on a lot of data and studies I feel differently.  Can I show you some articles that may change your mind sir?  If you would be so kind.  Thank you.
Posted On: Jun 2nd 2017, 10:08 PM #369048

Well done.  Friday was touchy for me I guess.

Thought things would get better for us FAU fans through the weekend…just read this with my morning coffee.  

Lane Kiffin invites Kim Kardashian, Kanye West to FAU game | CollegeFootballTalk

damnit.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

dusky256fc said

walty12 said

Dale Carnegie said

walty12 said

Dale Carnegie said

walty12 said

Thought things would get better for us FAU fans through the weekend…just read this with my morning coffee.  

Lane Kiffin invites Kim Kardashian, Kanye West to FAU game | CollegeFootballTalk

damnit.
Posted On: Jun 4th 2017, 11:06 AM #369053

👍🏻

Saw that as well, you know what they say.  At least he keeps us in the news, I would say more people have heard about FAU in the last 6 months than all combined since 2001.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

walty12 said

dusky256fc said

walty12 said

Dale Carnegie said

walty12 said

Dale Carnegie said

walty12 said

damnit.
Posted On: Jun 4th 2017, 11:06 AM #369053

👍🏻

Saw that as well, you know what they say.  At least he keeps us in the news, I would say more people have heard about FAU in the last 6 months than all combined since 2001.
Posted On: Jun 4th 2017, 11:39 AM #369054

Agreed!!! IF he plans on building a Boise St. EAST type of program and staying a while, he is doing it the right way so far. Great recruiting, Great Coaching hires, TONS of free Pub., and making this program NATIONALLY RELEVANT!

I think he sees the writing on the wall on depending on the "South Florida hotbed" of recruiting angle that is failing at FAU, FIU and yes, even the U. These kids "mostly" want to move away from Mom and Dad and local influences and troubles and the majors and mid majors are offering them that opportunity to. At least so far, we start winning 10 games and Bowl games then it might change, might not. So THESE coaches are using their NATIONAL contacts to pull in higher ranked recruits (yes, mostly JUCOS so far). But talent we have NEVER had here before.

Now for the on the field part in 90+ days!!!! I am so praying the do that part well too!!!!! Go Owls!!!!!!!

Back to the top

Updated C-USA Teams:

130 UAB

126 Charlotte

114 UTEP

110 Rice

106 FAU

100 North Texas

91 FIU

89 Marshall

83 UTSA

81 Southern Miss

Remaining Teams

La Tech
MTSU
Old Dominion
WKU

Back to the top

Rick said

Remaining Teams

UTEP

Posted On: Jun 6th 2017, 7:10 AM #369081

I am little confused how UTEP is left to be ranked. They were awful last year, and lost their best player.

Am I missing something?
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I am little confused how UTEP is left to be ranked. They were awful last year, and lost their best player.

Am I missing something?
Posted On: Jun 6th 2017, 7:14 AM #369082

No, but I was!

:Big-Grin:

Didn't see them previously…went back and they are at 114, updated my post above…
Back to the top

Updated C-USA Teams:

130 UAB

126 Charlotte

114 UTEP

110 Rice

106 FAU

100 North Texas

91 FIU

89 Marshall

83 UTSA

81 Southern Miss