Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Have to stop the option - period.

So far, we have not been able to do that - EVER.

Closest was under the Pelini "gray shirts"…
Back to the top

Need to check out how Rocky Long at SD St. does it, AF has lost to them 7 in a row
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Now THIS is interesting reading;

cores.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24061875/air-forc
e-falcons-coach-troy-calhoun-unsure-name-defensive-coordinato
r

WOW, so AF has had NO D Coord since Jan., meaning through recruiting, spring practice and still none!

AF D = VERY small DL (only 10 sacks TOTAL last year AS A TEAM, only 4 sacks returning!) and a 5'9" and 5'10" pair of corners and NO D leadership playing vs. Coach K O in 2nd game of season on the road.

Take the Over guys!
Posted On: Jul 11th 2018, 7:42 AM #379053

They probably have a DC, but do not want people to be able to watch film on whatever scheme they run.

Never sleep on a triple option team.

It is good we are playing them at 2pm in September. The heat and humidity will be tough for a team from Colorado.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

It is good we are playing them at 2pm in September. The heat and humidity will be tough for a team from Colorado.
Posted On: Jul 11th 2018, 12:48 PM #379056

Normally I would agree with you…but ever since Wyoming came down here and beat us in practically those same conditions, that hope went out the window.

We just need to play them physical like we are capable of, and wear them out…

Back to the top

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

Normally I would agree with you…but ever since Wyoming came down here and beat us in practically those same conditions, that hope went out the window.

Posted On: Jul 11th 2018, 2:29 PM #379057

My thought too, but the new O style he have WILL tax their D much more!
Back to the top

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

I just think the Wyoming stuff is tough to compare with this current coaching staff.
Back to the top

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

Don’t you mean Buffalo?
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

Don’t you mean Buffalo?

Posted On: Jul 11th 2018, 7:23 PM #379060

Nope.  Wyoming.  I remember being at that game, total bummer
Back to the top

Yup - WE ran out of gas in the 4th qtr., not the Cowboys from way up north!
Back to the top

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

The Wyoming game we had a DC in Kirk Van…whatever where the DB's lined up 10 yards off the LOS and they threw it 5 for four quarters.
The Buffalo game we outgained them but turned it over 5 times.
We are also a way more in shape now then when Charlie was in charge and we had a hockey guy doing our strength and conditioning.

Again I was told by someone in athletics the staff wanted this time slot.    
Back to the top
Control functions: