Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Football Preseason Camp

2018 FAU Football Preseason Camp

FAU Football will begin Fall Camp this Thursday with a reporting day before entering into drills starting Friday. The first day with full pads will be Tuesday, August 7th.

Below are the approximate check in times and format, which are subject to change. Unless noted, or by FAU Staff through official invitation, sessions are closed to the general public. Any future information will be posted here as it is made available.

Thursday, Aug. 2 (REPORTING DAY)

Friday, Aug. 3 (Helmets Only) – Meet at 9 a.m.

Saturday, Aug. 4 (Helmets Only) - Meet at 9 a.m.

Sunday, Aug. 5 (Helmets and Shoulder Pads) - Meet at 9 a.m.

Monday, Aug. 6 (Helmets and Shoulder Pads) - Meet at 8:45 a.m.

Tuesday, Aug. 7 (Full Pads) – Meet at 8:45 a.m.

Wednesday, Aug. 8 Day off

Thursday, Aug. 9 - Meet at 8:50 a.m.

Friday, Aug. 10 - Meet at 8:50 a.m

Saturday, Aug. 11 - Meet at 2 p.m.

Sunday, Aug. 12 - No field work.

Monday, Aug. 13 - Meet at 10 a.m

Tuesday, Aug. 14 - Meet at 8:50 a.m.

Wednesday, Aug. 15 - Meet at 10 a.m.

Thursday, Aug. 16 - Meet at 8:50 a.m.

Friday, Aug. 17 – Kick-off Event 6 p.m.

Saturday, Aug. 18 - Meet at 8:50 a.m.

Sunday, Aug. 19 – Media Day: Time TBA.
Back to the top

Friday marked day one of Florida Atlantic University football’s defense of their 2017 Conference USA Championship, as practice No. 1 is in the books.

Head Coach Lane Kiffin

“We return a lot of players on defense, so those guys are very confident. We’ve got a lot of work to do with the offensive line, in the interior, finding three new starters in there … There’s hardly any returners  that were here a year ago. I think half of the group is new, so we brought in a lot of guys there, including a couple of grad transfers. We have to figure out the quarterbacks, who threw some picks today. Commanding the offense and taking care of the ball is the number one thing, so a lot of work to do.”

The squad will be back on the Tom Oxley Practice Fields both Saturday and Sunday, beginning at about 9 a.m. Saturday's work will continue in just helmets and Sunday will feature helmets and shoulder pads.
Back to the top

A story on today's practice - sort of :) ;

Lane Kiffin's mandate to FAU: Move on from success of 2017
Back to the top

A hot and muggy South Florida Saturday morning greeted the Florida Atlantic University football team for practice No. 2 of preseason camp at the Tom Oxley Practice Fields.

Senior Linebacker Azeez Al-Shaair

"I think although we did a lot of good things last year (as a defense), moving forward, we're trying to get so much better. Even when Coach Pec (new Defensive Coordinator Tony Pecoraro) first showed up on campus, and we had our first meeting and we're studying film, and Coach Sims (Ernie Sims, a new assistant football strength and conditioning intern) came as well, there's just so many things that even, me personally, I saw flaws in my game that I didn't ever see before. Just from learning from somebody else. It's a million different things right now we can be working on, individually and as a group."

The squad will be back on the Tom Oxley Practice Fields again Sunday morning at approximately 9:00 a.m.
Back to the top

Sunday's third day of preseason camp for Florida Atlantic University football marked the first day of practice with shoulder pads for the Owls, in another scorcher on the fields behind the Tom Oxley Athletic Center.

Head Coach Lane Kiffin

"Three days (in), first day with shoulder pads, I thought guys did a good job, which is always difficult. Staying up and understanding that we still need to practice the right way. That comes with maturity, especially on defense, so that was good. I think the quarterbacks are getting a little more comfortable, playing a little better over the last two days. Really a lot of the same stuff, defense playing well, a lot of competition over there. I think we'll be deeper than before, especially up front."

Monday and Tuesday mark the next two practices for the Owls, before a day off on Wednesday. Tuesday will also be the first day of preseason practice in full pads.
Back to the top

The Florida Atlantic University football team began their Monday work week with day four of camp, with helmets and shoulder pads. With a focus of getting better every day and not sitting on last season’s accomplishments, the squad moved through the day under a clear blue sky.

Senior defensive lineman Steven Leggett

Defense made a huge improvement a year ago. What areas do you feel the defense can get better in?

“We can get better in pass rushing. I feel like later on, like early in the year we were doing a good job, but as the year went on we got even better with it. The end result was the Boca Bowl Championship game where we had like nine sacks. It was probably our best performance as a whole unit.”

Do you feel like there is solid depth there, at least on the D line?

“We have really good depth now. I wouldn’t say it wasn’t good before, but it is really good now. More fuel has been added to the fire we already had coming back.”

Senior defensive back Ocie Rose

What do you see in the defense’s first few days of camp?

“Everyone coming together as a team. Living up to the standard that we have set for this program – winning. Nobody is coming out being lackadaisical, tired or acting like they don’t know their keys, the right thing to call. Everybody is getting into the playbook learning what they gotta do. Just making the whole team better. Making the offense better and the defense to come together as one big unit."

The squad will be back on the Tom Oxley Practice Fields Tuesday approximately 8:45 a.m. and on Thursday at 8:50 a.m. Wednesday will be the first break in the preseason camp practice schedule.
Back to the top

FAU football put on full pads for the first time in over three months on Tuesday, marking their fifth day of preseason camp.

Highlighting off the field action Sports Illustrated tabbed the Owls #25 in their 2018 preseason poll, and graduate transfer Rafe Peavey was added to the quarterback unit.

Head Coach Lane Kiffin

“First day in pads. I thought guys in year two did a better job of staying up. It is always an issue of teaching guys how to practice in pads and not tackling. We had a few issues, but for the most part (we) did a lot better. Like a veteran team should. We did add a player, Rafe Peavey. As always, we are always looking for people and we had looked for a while for the right fit of a quarterback due to numbers, once Jason (Driskel) left. This is not any reflection upon the other two guys’ play, like I told them last night. They could have completed every pass the first couple of days and this still would have happened. It has been a long time that we have been in the process of doing this. It just took some time to get it done. His first practice was today. He is someone who has played before at Arkansas and SMU. Good player out of high school so obviously (we) research kids. To add someone this late obviously we researched. (He is a) very smart kid that can pick things up. We are always trying to strengthen our team and strengthen our position groups Obviously that strengthens our position group there, with only two kids that were returning, Chris (Robison) and De’Andre (Johnson)…Still a lot of receivers out or limited. Always trying to find the bright spots in those. Some guys making some plays - John Mitchell was MVP at the end of the day. You guys know we always try to turn something that is going on into a positive.”

The squad will work inside tomorrow, Wednesday, and will be back on the Tom Oxley Practice fields Thursday morning at 8:50 a.m.
Back to the top

Since camp is not going on today, here's a good QA between Jake Elman and Brian White, which includes a stadium update:

White talks high expectations for football team, Devin Singletary’s Heisman candidacy, and Lane Kiffin’s Twitter
Back to the top

I was a bit skeptical about President Kelly's hire of Brian White. How foolish of me. President Kelly shows time and time again that he gets it. Any doubt of how well White could work at FAU was quickly brushed aside with his hire of Dusty May and his green-lighting of FAU Football's new marketing strategy.

That being said, let's hope for an injury free camp now that the pads are on. Those savages on defense better wait for Kyle Murray to lay the boom.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Still cannot believe the A's are willing to risk a top 10 No. 1 pick's career and let him play some football! Just plain STUPID to me!
Back to the top
Control functions: