2018 FAU Football Preseason Camp
1. The defense is insanely fast. They missed a few big plays against the offense but overall the defense was insanely agressive. I haven't seen anything like it before.
2. Special teams might be problematic. I think we missed a 20 yard field goal. And our punts looked disappointing. But honestly with the new punting rules I think it won't matter as much.
3. OL and DL both look solid. QB protection was pretty decent and no huge gaping problems there.
4. Lots of penalties 😑 expecially on the defense. Hopefully that clears up when we play.
5. All the QBs were playing incredibly well. No turnovers. Great pocket awareness. DeAndre stood out a little for his scrambling ability. But I didn't see anything that sealed the deal for me as a starting qB.
6. They benched Singletary again. I guess they just don't want to risk any sort of injury.
Awesome to hear the defense is playing fast. Speed kills, and as a Gator grad I saw the benefits of this when Urban Meyer came to UF and created a team around this concept. 2 national championships and a Heisman trophy winner were the result.
Not surprised on the special teams observation and bummed to hear it. Wonder if this might prompt Kiffin to "go for it" on fourth and short more often, depending upon field position and score.
We've got some awesome guys on both sides of the line. It all starts in the trenches.
Rest Singletary - we need him and we all know what he's capable of.
Attended the Meet and Greet today. Such a great group of young men. Let's. Beat. Oklahoma!
What advantage would there be to announcing early? While I admit there may not be much of any advantage for Oklahoma if we announce early, there seems to be no disadvantage to us not announcing until the first snap.
That said, two things:
- I will be in Norman, which means I will know the QB first;
- I hope Motor takes the first snap.