Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Spring Football

Notables from Spring Session 8 via FAU SID Katrina McCormack:

FAU football accomplished two things before lunch Thursday. The first was the morning’s final practice on the Tom Oxley Fields before traveling to Carter Park Saturday. The Owls then regrouped on the campus breezeway to walk the length and back, several wearing red high heels, in an effort to join with mainstream students to promote awareness of sexual discrimination and assault, especially on college campuses. The event was called “Walk a Mile in Her Shoes.”

Head Coach Lane Kiffin

“Kind of the same speech again. They continue to come out with really good energy, very competitive practices, very good spirit all the way through special teams and the end. Offense is doing a better job of taking care of the ball than they had earlier. We are in a good quarterback competition. That is good to see. Those guys are kind of maturing at the position and doing a better job of taking care of the ball.”

• Team drills saw defensive end Leighton McCarthy snag an interception
  • Willie Wright caught a deep pass in the end zone

FAU will next practice at Carter Park on Saturday at 10:30 AM.
Back to the top

Did this get posted anywhere and I just missed it?

FAU football 2018 preview: What’s Lane Kiffin’s encore? - SBNation.com

Great pre-season write up and they are right - the target is on FAU now!
Back to the top

@OC.. had a chance to see the grad transfer from Arizona  today. He was at the Lauderdale practice. What a physical specimen. He was with another guy , a grad transfer Guard from U Florida. They both look like absolute beasts. After talking with the 'important" people that I know  at FAU, they said that if they join the team, they are both good enough to start over our current players. And they were very serious. Practice today was so so. Defense looks strong.
Back to the top

Add 'em to the roster Coaches! :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I spoke with the parents of the UF guard (sorry, don't remember name. Need OC's help) and they seemed very excited. Loved FAU. Loved Boca. Loved the coaches. Spoke with Monte and thought he was soooo smart. They were from Atlanta. Said FAU would be a great fit for their son. I hope so. He was built. And a position of need. Right guard. I watch him and the QB from Arizona interact on the field. They looked like they would sign today.
Back to the top

Cameron Dillard?
Back to the top

Was the QB from 'Zona the guy wearing the plaid shirt and jeans?  I saw two guys on the sidelines and behind the offense; was wondering who they were.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Cameron Dillard?
Posted On: Apr 7th 2018, 5:01 PM #377969

Nah, Cameron Dillard transferred from UF to UNC for his final year and per his Twitter has declared for 2018 NFL Draft.
Back to the top

Just researched it. Antonio Riles. Had knee injury. Has one more of eligability.
Back to the top

Hoot..yes. Plaid over shirt  , QB. Big a– monster guy, Riles.
Back to the top
Control functions: