Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU @ UCF Moved to Friday Night

Local Owl said

Would you believe I have a wedding Friday night. Son of a _____. Oh well. Two less FAU fans in Orlando.
Posted On: Feb 13th 2018, 3:48 PM #377136

Go to the game and send some crystal stemware.

People who have fall wedding are not considerate of others.

I would not go to my own wedding if it was this night.
Back to the top

Truth. All they want is my check. But  my better half would frown upon that move.  Two seasons ago I missed a wedding the night of FAU/Canes at Hard Rock Stadium . Still sent the check on mt behalf. The wedding was the daughter of an ex Canes QB. He understood. I was texting him all night.But this one is family. Must do the right thing.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

jgf2017 said

I'd rather be the only big game on Friday night in a football starved country than go up against a million name brands that Saturday even with the possibility of Gameday, which would not have been in Boca by the way. I guarantee the vast majority of folks tuning into Gameday will be tuning in to see coverage of other games. We have to think big picture. For instance, all of the, for lack of a better word, whining about not getting to play a bigger bowl game was unjustified as a loss could've derailed all of the momentum we built up. All of these positive articles about us (it's only February so there's a lot more coming) would have either not been written or had a pessimistic tone. It's about building our brand, and I'll take being one of the lead stories on SC Friday instead of an afterthought on Saturday.
Posted On: Feb 13th 2018, 3:02 PM #377135

USC plays Washington State that night I am guessing we will be the 7 o clock slot and that Game will be 10, so ESPN gets a nice doubleheader. 
Posted On: Feb 13th 2018, 4:00 PM #377137

I wouldn't be surprised if FS1 jumps on the USC Wazzu game first. But another P5 conference will shift one of their games from Saturday to Friday, you can bet on that.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I was so disappointed when I saw this.

Was looking forward to tailgating, meeting up with a high school buddy, enjoying the atmosphere.

Now I have to consider taking a day off work, taking the kids out of school early, barely getting there on time or not going at all.

I get the national exposure but dang man.  The potential of Gameday would have covered that.
Back to the top

MISS WORK AND SCHOOL FOR ONE DAY, LEAVE EARLY FRIDAY AND TAILGATE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!!!!

C'mon Owls fans we are so full of excuses - UGA travel IN FORCE to BOTH ND and the Rose Bowl - and paid THOUSANDS TO DO SO!!!
Back to the top

I will be making the trip from St.Louis. I will also be road tripping to Norman after work on Friday. Should get there around 2 am Saturday morning. We as a fan base need to travel better.
Back to the top

I have to agree with GeorgiaOwl here. This is a measuring-stick game that will be a spotlight contest on ESPN.  It isn't like Orlando is on the other side of the moon - it is 3 hours from Boca.  Leave at noon and you still have 4 hours of tailgating. Leave at 3 and still make it for the game.  I would expect us to be 2-1 and this be a battle hopefully of ranked teams.  If we are going to build to something big THIS is the game we need.
Back to the top

Couldn’t agree more, this is the game to show up!  

The school must have multiple busses for the students going to this game, no excuses.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

MISS WORK AND SCHOOL FOR ONE DAY, LEAVE EARLY FRIDAY AND TAILGATE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!!!!

C'mon Owls fans we are so full of excuses - UGA travel IN FORCE to BOTH ND and the Rose Bowl - and paid THOUSANDS TO DO SO!!!
Posted On: Feb 13th 2018, 7:54 PM #377142

Fans don't show up in Boca in large numbers so not sure why we should expect them to show up in Orlando. Just sayin'.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I have to agree with GeorgiaOwl here. This is a measuring-stick game that will be a spotlight contest on ESPN.  It isn't like Orlando is on the other side of the moon - it is 3 hours from Boca.  Leave at noon and you still have 4 hours of tailgating. Leave at 3 and still make it for the game.  I would expect us to be 2-1 and this be a battle hopefully of ranked teams.  If we are going to build to something big THIS is the game we need.
Posted On: Feb 13th 2018, 8:19 PM #377144

I won't ever argue with the thought of us being ranked  :Laughing: but I view us as having 3 chances to be ranked (which obviously is incredibly important) if we don't make the preseason top 25. One is obviously to beat Oklahoma. That could get us close to the top 10. Then there's beat UCF. After that, it's run the table and we'll be ranked as a 2 loss team. And by the way we'll be 3-0 going to Orlando.
Back to the top
Control functions: