Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU @ UCF Moved to Friday Night

My niece is an Owl and her husband to be is a Golden Knight. She said they moved the wedding to Friday night so they could attend the game. All plans, deposits, everything in place. No changing it. Sometimes crap happens. This is a game that I already made plans for. I have a reservation at the Double Tree by campus for Saturday night. I hope the OU game isn't moved. Air, car rental, hotel
Back to the top

fauowl said

GeorgiaOwl said

MISS WORK AND SCHOOL FOR ONE DAY, LEAVE EARLY FRIDAY AND TAILGATE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!!!!

C'mon Owls fans we are so full of excuses - UGA travel IN FORCE to BOTH ND and the Rose Bowl - and paid THOUSANDS TO DO SO!!!
Posted On: Feb 13th 2018, 7:54 PM #377142

Fans don't show up in Boca in large numbers so not sure why we should expect them to show up in Orlando. Just sayin'.
Posted On: Feb 13th 2018, 9:55 PM #377146

I'll be there!!!!  Coming in from North Cackcalack.  Go Owls!!!!!!
Back to the top

I hate this change. Like OC said, the commercial value of College Gameday is important. It helps the perception of the programs, and helps legitimize them in the eyes of more casual fans. Far more people will watch Gameday than will turn on the tv on a Friday night to watch FAU at UCF. Seeing Lee Corso choose between a knights helmet and Olwsley's head goes a long way in getting people interested in the program. Much more than a poorly-viewed, short week trap game on Friday night.
Back to the top

My guess is that they'll do the TAMU/Bama game, since it'll be Jimbo vs Saban, in a matchup everybody has wanted for years while Jimbo was at FSU.

I'm not sure how ESPN is turning down two top-10 teams like FAU and UCF.

In all seriousness though, this really sucks. 
Back to the top

Hate to be a whiner about an opportunity to be on national tv but I totally am when it comes to weekday games.  Yeah It's fine if you're gonna be sitting at home watching on your couch no matter what.  But for the fans actually attending weekday games it blows.  

And what's worse, like others said this being a Friday night game pretty much no high school recruits will be able to watch or attend the game.  

Maybe it's just me but every time we have a weekday game an enjoyable event turns more into so much more of an ordeal or hassle to attend than a regular Saturday game.  First world problems I guess. Lol.  

Whatever, I'll be there.  However I'm sure I will need a few pregame brews after I survive the theme park and orlando Friday rush hour traffic.  
Back to the top

An Owls win will get far more screen time on both Friday night and Saturday ESPN center along with mentions ALL DAY LONG ON SAT DURING EVERY GAME! To beat a ranked team ON THE ROAD will do the Owls VERY GOOD with recruits and college football fans all across America!

Now Owls - WIN THE FRIGGIN THING!
Back to the top

My fellow Owls,

I have a dream that one day, FAU FOOTBALL will become a powerhouse, and that their fans won't have to worry about traveling 200+ miles north or south to support their teams; Rain or shine, Friday or Saturday, Televised nationally or locally.

I have a dream that on Friday September 21st, Owl fans will hop on their cars, trucks, vans and carpool or fly to Orlando to support the football team. Our hoots will be heard from the parking lot, I-95, I-4 and the Turnpike. Owls will be tailgating for hours, blasting music and drinking beer.

I have a dream that on Friday September 21st, Owls will travel from Dade county, Broward County, Palm Beach County, The Treasure Coast, North Carolina, Virginia, Atlanta, Tennessee, Kentucky, and from all corners of the nation to attend the game. We will hold hands and sing our fight song "Free at last… (sorry kinda got carried away for a sec) GO OWLS GO! GO OWLS GO! HIT 'EM HIGH! HIT 'EM LOW! GO OWLS GO"
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

My fellow Owls,

I have a dream that one day, FAU FOOTBALL will become a powerhouse, and that their fans won't have to worry about traveling 200+ miles north or south to support their teams; Rain or shine, Friday or Saturday, Televised nationally or locally.

I have a dream that on Friday September 21st, Owl fans will hop on their cars, trucks, vans and carpool or fly to Orlando to support the football team. Our hoots will be heard from the parking lot, I-95, I-4 and the Turnpike. Owls will be tailgating for hours, blasting music and drinking beer.

I have a dream that on Friday September 21st, Owls will travel from Dade county, Broward County, Palm Beach County, The Treasure Coast, North Carolina, Virginia, Atlanta, Tennessee, Kentucky, and from all corners of the nation to attend the game. We will hold hands and sing our fight song "Free at last… (sorry kinda got carried away for a sec) GO OWLS GO! GO OWLS GO! HIT 'EM HIGH! HIT 'EM LOW! GO OWLS GO"
Posted On: Feb 14th 2018, 12:14 PM #377155

Quite possibly POST OF THE YEAR!!! Well, so far in 2018 at least!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Well. I mentioned the Friday game after giving my wife her well deserved Homage, she said, "lets talk to the kids, they might not care if you go. I know they wanted to." So like they said in Dumb and Dumber….there's still a chance!!!
Back to the top

I too would much rather a saturday game but it probably would have been a noon or 330 game and sitting in the frying pan in the middle of the day in September isn't exactly fun.  Atleast on Friday night we won't have the sun to complain about.

Plus now we all get a 3 day weekend!  I'll definitely be there, making the road trip up from Bradenton.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: