Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 Spring Game

Add topic

Lets face it, Palm Beach Post and Sun Sentinal are both poor local papers. They will tell you there is no interest in FAU. One would think as poorly as they are doing financially, they would try everything.
Back to the top

I think the QB battle is a pretty big deal for the program, yet we really aren't getting much info on it – just notes here and there which leaves us to speculate. I'm excited at the prospect of having a dynamic QB - whoever that may be – with arguably more weapons at their disposal than last year. Would love to read more about it – although in fairness I don't think the overall coverage by the two is necessarily "bad". I do see improvement.
Back to the top

We had a Golden Era of FAU Sports Reporting from the local papers when Ted Hutton was there.

Part of the problem is a revolving door of sports reporters since then. They can claim the community isn't interested, whatever, we don't see their numbers.

But what's especially puzzling (to put it nicely) is the lack of coverage from the University Press. The last article about football was 11 days ago.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

We had a Golden Era of FAU Sports Reporting from the local papers when Ted Hutton was there.

Part of the problem is a revolving door of sports reporters since then. They can claim the community isn't interested, whatever, we don't see their numbers.

But what's especially puzzling (to put it nicely) is the lack of coverage from the University Press. The last article about football was 11 days ago.
Posted On: Apr 21st 2018, 12:31 PM #378088

Dieter and DeFranks provided very good coverage for the sentinel. As they have both received promotions and grown their careers it shows. Whereas when Richardson takes over you can tell there isn’t any interest for him to cover it. Probably why his career has stayed the same 
Back to the top

The strange thing about the news paper business is they are really in the business of selling adds. Over the years  the actual paper has gone away and it has been replaced by the on line version. To me, and I'm pretty stupid, the cost of an on line story should be much less than a hard copy. Why not throw FAU into the mix, get some hits, and sell more adds. I rarely log on to their sites because historically they ignore us. I just think it is poor business. PS…Ted was great. Hope his new venture is going good. HEY TED !
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Posted On: Apr 21st 2018, 12:31 PM #378088
The UP doesn’t pay day to day beat writers.
Students are not going  to write about the daily battle we have at RG and only the diehards care to read about that stuff. The UP only puts out an issue every 1-2 weeks.
Jake Elam is getting much better with his reporting and stories.

I also don’t get why you guys get in a fuss about newpaper reporting.
Fossils. 
Back to the top

Some things to keep an eye on during today's Spring Game.

How well will De'Andre Johnson work with Motor, McNeal, Durante, and Wright?

Can Chris Robison create magic with White, McGriff, and Mitchell?

Can somebody -anybody- kick a field goal?

Will Willson Love pop a blood vessel?

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

If this doesn't make you smile, then what is wrong with you?

Back to the top

De'Andre Johnson had his offense dominating early, before Hearns coughs the ball up. Hearns had a solid drive before that fumble.

Back to the top

Could Tyler Gilley replace Greg Joseph? Seems like that's a good possibility at this point. The walk-on hits a 38 yard FG for a the first score of the game.

Red Team - 3
White Team - 0

Back to the top
Control functions: