Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 C-USA FOOTBALL COACHES PRESEASON AWARDS

The Owl's Harrison Brynt is the lone representative for FAU on the 2019 C-USA Coaches Preseason Awards listing.

Bryant is expected to return and hold down his role as the Owls' starting tight end for the third consecutive season. Bryant started each of the team's 12 games a year ago and finished his junior campaign with the second most receiving yards and the second most receiving touchdowns on the team.

The Georgia native uses his size to provide protection, and consistent hands to make him a quarterback favorite. He has played in 35 games over the last three seasons, improving his production in each. Bryant has a career total of 1,133 yards receiving and nine scores.

“I want to thank the coaches that selected me for this award as well as my teammates, coaches and support staff that has helped me grow on and off the field the past for years,” said Bryant.

Below is a complete listing of the awards.

Offensive Player of the Year - Mason Fine, Sr., QB, North Texas

Defensive Player of the Year - Sage Lewis, Sr., LB, FIU

Special Teams Player of the Year - Jonathan Cruz, So., K, Charlotte

Offense
QB         Mason Fine, Sr., North Texas
RB          Spencer Brown, Jr., UAB
RB          Benny LeMay, Sr., Charlotte
OL          Levi Brown, Sr., Marshall
OL          Josh Dunlop, Sr., UTSA
OL          Derron Gatewood, Sr., UTEP
OL          Sosaia Mose, Sr., North Texas
OL          Miles Pate, Sr., WKU
TE          Harrison Bryant, Sr., Florida Atlantic
WR         Rico Bussey, Jr., Sr., North Texas
WR         Adrian Hardy, Jr., Louisiana Tech
WR         Quez Watkins, Jr., Southern Miss

Defensive
DL          Channing Hames, Sr., Marshall
DL          LaDarius Hamilton, Sr., North Texas
DL          Alex Highsmith, Sr., Charlotte
DL          Garrett Marino, Sr., UAB
DL          DeMarrio Smith, Sr., Southern Miss
DL          Jacques Turner, Jr., Southern Miss
LB          Khalil Brooks, Sr., Middle Tennessee
LB          Sage Lewis, Sr., FIU
LB          Racheem Boothe, Jr., Southern Miss
DB          Reed Blankenship, Jr., Middle Tennessee
DB          Ky’el Hemby, Jr., Southern Miss
DB          Amik Robertson, Jr., Louisiana Tech
DB          Chris Jackson, Sr., Marshall

Special Teams
K            Jonathan Cruz, So., Charlotte
P            Alvin Kenworthy, Sr., North Texas
KR          Brett Winnegan, Sr., UTSA
PR          Maurice Alexander, Sr., FIU
LS          Matt Beardall, Sr., Marshall
Back to the top

Everyone seems to be coddling the Kitties but not sure how much stock I put in their team 
Back to the top

No Rashad Smith is surprising…but you only have so many picks so get it. I thought he, Brooks and Lewis were the linebacker locks. 

Who would’ve guessed FAU wouldn’t be among the teams that had multiple players named? 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Congrats to Harrison. Yes it is disapointing to have but one pre season selection.  Who cares. Go out, kick some butt ,and be a post season selection. That is what really counts. Go Owls.  Man we're  getting close.  Time to freshen up my wardrobe  at It's  Owl  Time.  Don't forget Mark. He is a premier  Owl supporter.  Go support him.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Congrats to Harrison. Yes it is disapointing to have but one pre season selection.  Who cares. Go out, kick some butt ,and be a post season selection. That is what really counts. Go Owls.  Man we're  getting close.  Time to freshen up my wardrobe  at It's  Owl  Time.  Don't forget Mark. He is a premier  Owl supporter.  Go support him.
Posted On: Jul 15th 2019, 2:43 PM #387237

Exactly, this year, lets shut up and play 60 minutes of good football, no more big heads!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: