Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 FAU Spring Football

Add topic

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

LawOwl said

I’m not expecting Robison back tbh. The kid is gone for spring and I doubt he will keep his nose clean enough over the summer to come back during fall camp. Good bye to Chris and his terrible tats and dance moves 
Posted On: Apr 2nd 2019, 6:20 PM #385784
Well, he is still number one on the depth chart, so stop gas bagging unless you know what is happening behind closed doors.

Posted On: Apr 3rd 2019, 9:00 AM #385790

Unbelievable, seriously unbelievable.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Chris could've flunked German. I flunked German. That he hasn't been dismissed, I'd imagine, he'll very likely be our QB come Fall and Ohio State (unless Tronti or another amaze through Spring and Summer and on).

The minimal information is maddening. But we'll have two open Saturdays coming soon. So.

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

LawOwl said

I’m not expecting Robison back tbh. The kid is gone for spring and I doubt he will keep his nose clean enough over the summer to come back during fall camp. Good bye to Chris and his terrible tats and dance moves 
Well, he is still number one on the depth chart, so stop gas bagging unless you know what is happening behind closed doors.

Posted On: Apr 3rd 2019, 4:32 PM #385798

OC are you saying he will not be dismissed and we should expect to see him back for fall camp?
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Chris could've flunked German. I flunked German.
Posted On: Apr 3rd 2019, 5:09 PM #385801

I took NO foreign language classes in college - had my fill of D's in high school French!

:Laughing:

Back to the top

LawOwl said

dusky256fc said

LawOwl said

OC are you saying he will not be dismissed and we should expect to see him back for fall camp?
Posted On: Apr 3rd 2019, 7:16 PM #385802

As of right now, he has not been dismissed from the team the suspension was for the spring. Unless something changes he will be competing in the fall.

Some of the people on this forum are calling him brain dead, kicking him to the curb, and even taking shots at his tatoos, but If I had to bet money who is starting vs OSU I would put a large amount on CR.

Tronti is no doubt talented and can very well win it, but again I am taking the QB who started 11 games last year.
Back to the top

Let's go Tronti! – I like rooting for the underdog, and I'm certainly no CR fan (as of now). Let him prove me wrong, which if he does, will be great for the team.

I just don't see what some of his supporters see in him right now besides his "stars", both from an on and off the field perspective. I wouldn't just brush a side him being suspended for the entire Spring – this is a guy who is supposed to lead this team, and he isn't even being given the chance to play with his team now at a crucial time for development (because he can't get his act together for one reason or another).

Back to the top

LawOwl said

dusky256fc said

LawOwl said

Posted On: Apr 3rd 2019, 7:16 PM #385802

As of right now, he has not been dismissed from the team the suspension was for the spring. Unless something changes he will be competing in the fall.

Some of the people on this forum are calling him brain dead, kicking him to the curb, and even taking shots at his tatoos, but If I had to bet money who is starting vs OSU I would put a large amount on CR.

Tronti is no doubt talented and can very well win it, but again I am taking the QB who started 11 games last year.
Posted On: Apr 3rd 2019, 9:35 PM #385806

I agree with ya Shane, we are to quick to judge the young man. For all we know it may simply be a grade issue and he needs the time to focus on SCHOOL and not football to remain eligible to play and get his degree, nothing stupid or sinister.
Back to the top

I had said I hate to make harsh judgement on THIS instance since nobody knows what is the actual cause of the suspension.  But when you add this to the others THAT is what becomes worrisome.  Everybody deserves a second chance, but the question eventually becomes where do you draw the line.

Good quote I heard from the golf world about slow play and no penalties being levied.  The PGA frequently warns players and even sometimes put them on the clock, but hardly ever do they give a penalty that could impact the outcome.  One player summed it up that if you simply warn your kid every single day about something they do that is against your rules but never put any real consequence to changing, they are never going to change their behavior.

We will see if this suspension on the heels of the other 3 instances in the past 2.5 years will get Robison heading in the right direction.

I hope it does regardless of if he is the starting QB for the Owls or not.
Back to the top

“You see some coaches and you can tell they’re just miserable. Everything is negative when it comes to their players. I mean, this isn’t prison. We can let the kids enjoy themselves and it doesn’t mean they’re undisciplined or unaccountable.” – Lane Kiffin

I do not know when Lane said this, but man it is relevant.
Back to the top

It may be relevant, but I'm not taking advise from a guy with Lane's head coach record. Maybe he should try another angle. I hate discussing how much discipline is the right amount of discipline. It varies with each kid. The ones that have a history of issues obviously need more. I know, I know, I'm 59 years old. I can't relate today's  players. Talking about CR year after year is tiring.
Back to the top
Control functions: