Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 Head Coach Candidates to Replace Kiffin

LawOwl said

I’m just happy we’re done hiring the Charlie Partridges and Carl Pelinis of the world and actually get real coaches now
Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 2:56 PM #392105

Let's withhold judgment until a hire is made. Pelini was a coordinator at a pretty big time school (Nebraska).

Would you rather a successful coordinator from a P5 or a recently fired P5 HC?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Just read the Kiffin is going after Lebby at UCF for the OC role at Ole miss and is close to a deal.. That leaves Briles available FWIW.
Back to the top

Better era: Pelini or Partridge? I say Pelini 
Back to the top

Willie will recruit the heck out of Florida. If he lands here, I'm ok with that.
Back to the top

Alfred32 said

owl said

Alfred32 said

How can anyone get excited about a guy that was fired from FSU???
Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 2:18 PM #392090

After 1.5 years without the chance to even have any kind of impact that was clearly due to him. It was no where near enough time and we have no idea what caused it.

We could say the same about Kiffin getting fired at USC. You can blame sanctions there but USC would not have fired him the way they did if they thought he was a good coach. There was a clear immediate drop off in play from the Carroll years even with the most talented roster in football at the time. Then, after the effect of sanctions took it's toll things got really bad.

Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 2:48 PM #392098

Lane also took a job under Satan and earned his way back to redemption.  I like Taggart as a person but I just can't get excited.
Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 2:54 PM #392102

Just watched Bama/Auburn replay and man is St. Nick a baby! Totally outcoached at end and he whines "unfair" cause Bama got caught with pants down! LOVED IT!
Back to the top

sjacks78 said

Just read the Kiffin is going after Lebby at UCF for the OC role at Ole miss and is close to a deal.. That leaves Briles available FWIW.
Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 3:03 PM #392108

I was hoping, if we hired Briles, we'd also get Lebby (and I guess Clements, apparently?).
Back to the top

Here is the link, pretty cool and interesting. Thought the one this a.m. from State College, PA was interesting!

Boca Raton Airport (Boca Raton, FL) KBCT / BCT Flight Tracker ✈ FlightAware
Back to the top

Hearing it’s official. Taggart era has begun at FAU.
Back to the top
Control functions: