Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 Head Coach Candidates to Replace Kiffin

I rather have Pelini back than Stong.
Back to the top

We stole Spencer from Charlotte last year after seeing the issues he caused for our 2018  team.  Healy has gotten some press - do we try and steal him, too. :Laughing:I don't really think so, but just throwing it out there.  He started getting at least talked about for some of the P5 jobs that came open.

As for the other names, I am a big "no" on Strong.  I think he is probably ready to do something else.  Taggert I just don't know.  He honestly probably got the shaft in Tallahassee because I think that program was in really bad shape when Jimbo bolted, and he did some good things at USF.  If anything, I bet Willie is really pi$$ed at himself for leaving Oregon!  But he has shown he would be gone at the first chance to anything bigger, even if it was a stepping stone back into the AAC.
Back to the top

Me too. These guys kicked butt at a little lower level. Time for them to go back to their comfort zone. There are a couple in the state of Florida that I would hit up . FAU  ,in my opinion, is a heck of an opportunity  for a coach to get back his reputation as a guy that can lead. Hey Shane,  let us know if anything leaks out. Ps, I was never a fan of lane. Now I am. I tho k this was the best exit hga has ever made. Sign of maturity. Good luck. Go Rebels.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

Rick said

Just say NO to Taggart. 

N-O. 
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 11:36 AM #391782

This.

Add Shannon, Coley, Gran, and Butch Jones to the NO list.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 11:40 AM #391784

Why?  Just curious.  I think a few of them would do well here.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

I rather have Pelini back than Stong.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 11:40 AM #391785

+10000000000

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

sigep77 said

Rick said

Just say NO to Taggart. 

N-O. 

This.

Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 11:47 AM #391790

Shannon
Analyze him critically at all his stops. Without NFL caliber talent his scheme suffers and he’s not very good. His connections are overrated as he is not personable and easily alienates people.

Coley
Also a bit overrated and not a name kids would take a chance on to play at FAU. He’s been inconsistent at FSU, Miami, and UGA. You can argue he has some of the best talent of his career right now and they regressed.

Gran
Hype. He’s a bagman. I think the whole South Fl connection story is what always gets him mentioned.

Butch Jones
Just doesn’t get me excited.

My advice is to look at this hire through a similar lens as Lane and what President Kelly continues to build here at FAU. He wants to win big and build on our momentum, I think we surprise people with this hire just like last time.
Back to the top

Feedback on Leavitt?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I read Lane offered him DC at Ole Miss.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

fauowls44 said

sigep77 said

Rick said

Just say NO to Taggart. 

N-O. 

This.

Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 11:47 AM #391790

Shannon
Analyze him critically at all his stops. Without NFL caliber talent his scheme suffers and he’s not very good. His connections are overrated as he is not personable and easily alienates people.

Coley
Also a bit overrated and not a name kids would take a chance on to play at FAU. He’s been inconsistent at FSU, Miami, and UGA. You can argue he has some of the best talent of his career right now and they regressed.

Gran
Hype. He’s a bagman. I think the whole South Fl connection story is what always gets him mentioned.

Butch Jones
Just doesn’t get me excited.

My advice is to look at this hire through a similar lens as Lane and what President Kelly continues to build here at FAU. He wants to win big and build on our momentum, I think we surprise people with this hire just like last time.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 11:53 AM #391793

Disagree on Butch Jones. The guy was very successful at 2 G5 programs, and had a winning record at Tennessee. Which let’s be honest kinda like Miami what have they won the past 15 years? He is also a good recruiter, spent time with Saban the last 2 years and could attract a pretty good staff I think. 
Back to the top

I'm a Leavitt  fan. But if lane offered him, he ain't comin here.
Back to the top
Control functions: