Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 Head Coach Candidates to Replace Kiffin

sigep77 said

fauowls44 said

sigep77 said

Rick said

Just say NO to Taggart. 

N-O. 
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 11:36 AM #391782

This.

Add Shannon, Coley, Gran, and Butch Jones to the NO list.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 11:40 AM #391784

Why?  Just curious.  I think a few of them would do well here.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 11:47 AM #391790

Shannon
Analyze him critically at all his stops. Without NFL caliber talent his scheme suffers and he’s not very good. His connections are overrated as he is not personable and easily alienates people.

Coley
Also a bit overrated and not a name kids would take a chance on to play at FAU. He’s been inconsistent at FSU, Miami, and UGA. You can argue he has some of the best talent of his career right now and they regressed.

Gran
Hype. He’s a bagman. I think the whole South Fl connection story is what always gets him mentioned.

Butch Jones
Just doesn’t get me excited.

My advice is to look at this hire through a similar lens as Lane and what President Kelly continues to build here at FAU. He wants to win big and build on our momentum, I think we surprise people with this hire just like last time.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 11:53 AM #391793

Fair enough.  I do agree that Kelly is going to be looking bigger than people on this board seem to be.  
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm a Leavitt  fan. But if lane offered him, he ain't comin here.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 12:04 PM #391798

To be a HC instead of a DC at approx. 1.25M where Kiffin relaunched his career, c’mon.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FootballScoop is reporting that FAU and Ole Miss are just two of the options on the table for former FSU OC Kendal Briles.

It's reported that Briles is Lane Kiffin's first choice OC, allowing for the two to reunite after their stellar 2017 campaign.

FS is reporting that a return to Boca Raton is definitely on the table as the FAU cycles through their options to find a new head coach. It's probably safe to say that Kendal Briles only HC offer could be from FAU, when or even if FAU even decides to make that offer.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

FootballScoop is reporting that FAU and Ole Miss are just two of the options on the table for former FSU OC Kendal Briles.

It's reported that Briles is Lane Kiffin's first choice OC, allowing for the two to reunite after their stellar 2017 campaign.

FS is reporting that a return to Boca Raton is definitely on the table as the FAU cycles through their options to find a new head coach. It's probably safe to say that Kendal Briles only HC offer could be from FAU, when or even if FAU even decides to make that offer.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 12:31 PM #391807

I wonder what Rich Rod’s buyout at Ole Miss is.

https://es.pn/2LGCo0O
Back to the top

sigep77 said

Jack D Whidden III said

Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 12:35 PM #391808

Rich rod getting fired if he at ole miss. Why would we need to buy him out?
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

sigep77 said

Jack D Whidden III said

Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 12:35 PM #391808

Rich rod getting fired if he at ole miss. Why would we need to buy him out?
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 1:28 PM #391813

We wouldn’t, Ole Miss would if Lane hires Briles. He has a three year contract. Read the link I posted.
Back to the top

Rick said

Just say NO to Taggart. 

N-O. 
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 11:36 AM #391782

Rick, if you don't mind can I add Charlie Strong….to the N-O list?
Back to the top

Just like Lane brought Monte with him to hang around, Kendal would potentially lean on his dad for guidance during his first HC job…that could be a big coup for us. Get some of Art's knowledge without being the team that hires him.

Eddie O offered Lane the OC position at LSU the same time we offered him our Head Coaching position, and we see what he took. If you're a guy who wants to lead a program, you take your shot when you get it.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Kendal Briles has the talent to be a head coach and it could sure clear up any future path for him to have a clean successful stint at FAU
Back to the top

I'm all for Briles if that is even a possibility.
Back to the top
Control functions: