Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 NFL Draft Discussion

There could be a lot of transfers and early entrees to the draft. I wouldn't put it past Robison to have a good year or two and then bolt for the draft. There could be an outside chance of him leaving after this season. I think this is his 3rd year in college. But he'll probably stay, and I'd have to think that if he (or Tronti) puts up solid numbers this year wide receivers would want to come here. I like how we got that grad transfer db/wr from USF. He actually had a couple nice 40 yard td's one against Houston. Maybe we can get a real steal at wr before 2020. But, if Robison has a good year, you never know if he might bolt.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

There could be a lot of transfers and early entrees to the draft. I wouldn't put it past Robison to have a good year or two and then bolt for the draft. There could be an outside chance of him leaving after this season. I think this is his 3rd year in college. But he'll probably stay, and I'd have to think that if he (or Tronti) puts up solid numbers this year wide receivers would want to come here. I like how we got that grad transfer db/wr from USF. He actually had a couple nice 40 yard td's one against Houston. Maybe we can get a real steal at wr before 2020. But, if Robison has a good year, you never know if he might bolt.
Posted On: Aug 8th 2019, 4:12 PM #387491

I'm not so sure. I think Robison needs at least 2 more years of consistently improved performance to have a shot at the next level. He seems to still make tons of mistakes and interceptions. He's going to need a lot of experience.
Back to the top

Robison’s mistakes happened Bc no one could get open. Everyone criticized him for throwing it out of bounds on 4th and 5 but he had all day and no one was open. A gunslinger was put in the wrong position. That one play sums up how people blow things out of proportion. 
If Robison has good receivers, I think he can be as good as anyone. My issue has been if we don’t have receivers and need a game manager. Then Tronti might be the best option. But if Robison has receivers he’ll put up numbers that’ll get him drafted. Also, the receivers last year weren’t the greatest pass catchers. That’ll ruin your qbs numbers 
Back to the top

My goodness, we'd think Robison is Joe Montana lol – already talking NFL draft? Other than the 4 stars (on paper) he had on some sites 3 or so years ago and a strong throwing arm, I have no idea what people seem to have seen with him last year to constantly put blame on receivers for his mistakes and follies on the field (not even mentioning the off the field stuff). Clearly he's talented, but I haven't seen anything to make me think he's automatically going to have some huge breakout year and be an NFL caliber QB. Obviously I say this with all due respect, but for all we know Tronti could still be the better QB.
Back to the top

I agree. I said he should look better in year two due to the game slowing down in his head. Who knows how he will perform. Fingers crossed.
Back to the top
Control functions: