Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

4 more years!

Re: 4 more years!

fauowls44 said

Wow, man.  I hope one day you realize how much Howard has done in order for you to tailgate with your fraternity brothers.  It is outright disrespectful that you mock Coach.

I don't know if it's disrespectful.  Getting mocked and second-guessed is part of a coach's job.  It comes with the territory.

I think this is the point that gets lost on too many fans here. It almost feels like it is sacriligious to critcize HS on this board for anything. But you hit the nail on the head - he is the head coach and it comes with the territory. I feel just about everybody on this board admires HS and thanks him for all that he is done for this program. But I think he will even take ownership for the downward spiral of this program. There are numerous beloved coaches that have been cricized, even fired at points in their careers (including HS). While we will all look back at HS's legacy in a positive light, we all have to come to grips with the fact that as the head coach he has to take a lot of the blame for what is going on. It's just the way it is in sports. If just about anybody else was the coach of this team they would have been fired a long time ago. Obviously there is no way HS would have ever been fired, but unfortunately right now the criticism is warranted.
Back to the top

It's fair game to criticize any coach, it's just so pointless now.  There's 5 games left and then this entire staff will be gone.  And while I don't think it's unfair to criticize, taking shots at the man is inappropriate because he has done so much good for the program.  I'm upset about the decline too, but I also feel terrible for Howard that it's ending this way for him here.  Besides, there is nothing that anyone could say about Howard that is more insulting to him then the way his team is playing right now.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

It's fair game to criticize any coach, it's just so pointless now.  There's 5 games left and then this entire staff will be gone.  And while I don't think it's unfair to criticize, taking shots at the man is inappropriate because he has done so much good for the program.  I'm upset about the decline too, but I also feel terrible for Howard that it's ending this way for him here.  Besides, there is nothing that anyone could say about Howard that is more insulting to him then the way his team is playing right now.

I also think it's pointless, but that's the way it is in sports. So while I tend to agree with you, I also won't knock anyone for criticizing him right now either. He is responsible for this team, and this team does deserve a whole lot of criticism right now. 
Back to the top

We all just need to grin and bear it for 5 more games and hope the next coach has enough talent on this team to be somewhat respectable next year.

I'm just trying to figure out if the players are that bad due to poor recruiting or if the coaches have just checked out because they're out of a job in 6 weeks.  I hope it's the latter for the next HC's sake or we could be in for more of the same as he builds the team.  I can't imagine next season being this bad though.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

I'd like to know if the players have checked out.

I felt like last year after the mich St debacle the team turned on HS and stopped trying. We obviously have talent, did you see how we curb stomped FIU? it was like that was the only game they cared about.

This season, could it be the same?
Back to the top

I think alot (not all ) of these players have checked out and bad habits are hard to break; so I hope the next coach cleans house.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Since we're on the subject of players…did anyone notice them at the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony? They all looked bored out of their mind, listening to music, talking on their phones, etc. I was a little peeved about that. Here we are celebrating something historic that they were going to be a part of with many former players who paved the way for them to be able to play in such a nice place and they just stood there like it was a chore to be there…Maybe that's why they laid a goose egg the next day!
Back to the top

I got sideline passes Saturday night and went down there after halftime and looking at our bench, you'd think they had a 5 touchdown lead and not a worry in the world.  Do they realize they are the worst team in college football?  It seems that most of them just don't care.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Since we're on the subject of players…did anyone notice them at the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony? They all looked bored out of their mind, listening to music, talking on their phones, etc. I was a little peeved about that. Here we are celebrating something historic that they were going to be a part of with many former players who paved the way for them to be able to play in such a nice place and they just stood there like it was a chore to be there…Maybe that's why they laid a goose egg the next day!

Well, they'd be walking around and practicing in there for awhile so the novelty had probably worn off by that point.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

FAUfasho said

Well, they'd be walking around and practicing in there for awhile so the novelty had probably worn off by that point.

I thought about that and I think that did have something to do with it but the fact that they weren't even listening or even attempting to look like they were listening rubbed me the wrong way.

Hopefully we get a stellar recruiting class and they all sit next year!
Back to the top
Control functions: