Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

A different QB problem

Re: A different QB problem

A different QB problem

GeorgiaOwl said

They knew from the time he made his verbal commitment he had classes to finish over the summer to qualify so really no big surprise. Probably why he dropped to us.

I am just hoping he is serious and gets it done. I so want to see him for four quarters when we get down there for the North Texas game.

My perfect outcome for the season now is he get's here but does not start the Wagner game and we run for 350 (5TD's) and throw for 150 (and 1 TD). Then in game 2 @ MTSU (with their 3 new DB's and 2 new LB's) and having seen the new O run all over Wagner, they HAVE TO prepare for the run, Mr. German announces his presence WITH AUTHORITY by throwing for over 400 with 5 TD's and we start the Pelini era 2-0!

Hoping AND praying guys! Go Owls!
 This is dumb if he can not start against Wagner he will will not just be ready a week later. He needs to come here and start and fight through the growing pains.
Back to the top

Yup, that's why we scheduled Wagner.
Back to the top

Is Colton Kane still on the team?  No one seems to mention him at all.  There was a lot of hype when he signed on.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

Is Colton Kane still on the team?  No one seems to mention him at all.  There was a lot of hype when he signed on.

Sounds like he's transferring (or already transferred) to JUCO.

From a couple pages back:

TeamBeer said

Colton Kane ?@qblife_2kane
@BrendanMeyers transferrin bro doin a year of juco

Looks like it.
Back to the top

with or w/out German; this team will be different.
There are some other JUCOs and new recruits that will contribute.
FAU is playing a different offense.
Curtis is a good QB and he played under the spread offense.
New coaching staff eager to win and prove themselves.
This team will win more than 5 games.
Back to the top

New offense and other Juco players won't help this team w/o an above average QB…..All the current QB's are average at best, some below average….Need German badly! :(
Back to the top

@305…I agree. Nothing can replace a good QB.
Back to the top

I am not sold that Curtis cant get the job done.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

We're all making jumps towards German not being here for the start of camp. but let's not panic because he had to go back and finish some classes. I am pretty sure he'll be around for the start of camp.
Back to the top

I don't know the facts, but I wish I did. Coach P has to know the odds of him being at camp. I do know one thing….this years team will be significantly better with German behind the ball. If he isn't, we will see a offense that will be much less threatening and much easier to defend. All we ,as fans, can do is sit patiently and wait. One of the things Coach P learned from his brother is that some information is for sharing and other info isn't. This is a subject he doesn't care to share. Or maybe he doesn't even know yet. We are just fans. He doesn't have to. He will share the less important stuff.
Back to the top
Control functions: