Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

A dive into Glenn Spencer’s Defense

College football reddit is the largest college football message board in the world. It’s very friendly and lot of fun topics. We need more FAU representation though….
Anyways they send a fan to every conferences media day and this reporter got a great story regarding what Glenn Spencer does on D schematic wise. It’s fun read.

Conference USA Media Days: The Double Secret Disguise : CFB

Back to the top

Thanks for sharing that Shane. I love good defense.  Reading this gives me hope. Our new dc seems real sharp. If I were him , I'd be tapping into Monties wealth of knowledge . This has the potential to be good year.   
Back to the top

Good read.  Should be a huge upgrade on D this year.  Since we were leading every conference game last year some of those should go our way coupled with a more favorable schedule this could be a good year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I just hear that Noah Jefferson was suspended after the early spring with academic issues. I can't understand why it seems like so many players have academic issues. So now we have to hope that Jefferson works things out before fall. Who knows if he even plays this year. This is very disappointing.
Back to the top

Dear jgr2017, please stop speaking about individuals and there personal situations. That is rediculously unnecessary.  Every student athlete  is doing his or her best. Until the university makes an official statement,  please refrain  from speculation  and rumor. Damn dude!  Stop.
Back to the top

What is your problem? And if you want to use those choice words again, how about you say it in person. I’m merely saying what I read in an article by someone Why don’t you tell him “Damn man stop”?
What is the line here? Are we supposed to treat grown men like kindergartners? If I was in a high profile situation and I was terrible I’d fully expect to be ripped apart in the press, online forums, etc. Now if you don’t want me attacking players and saying they suck, fine I already stopped. By the way I think I should be allowed to
Critique players but I stopped. This is just absurd don’t use those words unless you’re prepared to meet in person
Back to the top

Damn dude.  Just stop.
Back to the top

Local, honestly there is nothing wrong with his initial post…it's already been reported…

Jfg, as far as the "meet in person"…

Are you serious??

:Laughing:

Guys, lighten up - both of you! I know the duldrums are tough but seriously…this is just knee jerk reactions that really serve no purpose….
Back to the top

Thanks Rick.. Go FAU !!  Sorry jgf. I'm a dad af young ( 20'S) kids . I feel the need to defend them. . School , football, personal stuff, is not easy. Being a student athlete is not easy. Not making the grade is common.  I want to pick these kids up. Not publicly embarrass  them. JfF  , if I meet you, I hope that I can buy you a beer , because we both support FAU sports .
Back to the top

Academic issues are so vague, honestly. You could have a guy who the team punishes in spring because he has a C in math and if he’s that borderline during the year, he might put himself into ineligible territory. Take it from me, math isn’t fun. 

Not saying FAU should explain what the issues are, don’t get me wrong. But it’s not one of those things that’s always clear cut. Does a guy have a 1.8 GPA or does he have a 2.9 but he’s struggling with math or science? Devil’s advocate. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top
Control functions: