Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

An Early 120 Countdown from PreSnapRead.com

Re: An Early 120 Countdown from PreSnapRead.com

An Early 120 Countdown from PreSnapRead.com

FIU4ever said

GeorgiaOwl said

Can you beleive Sporting News put FIU at 2nd in Belt! What are they smokin there? What have they seen, EVER, that would show this. Even in their own spring game the D sucked!!!

LOL, come on georgiaOwl, FAU's D was crappy last season as well, lol. We are all hoping the new DCs can turn both Ds around. I think the difference is he saw FIU on ESPN sportcenter all this month and decided the football program should be good as well. It will be interesting to see what he writes about FIU, Troy and MTSU though.

Are you saying he saw Garret Wittels on ESPN and so he thinks FIU will be good in football?  Hahaha, do you even believe that?  That may exceed the most ridiculous argument I have ever read.  That is priceless and you just lost any credibility that you never had to begin with.  That's like us saying because Rusty Smith is a great football player, we excel at baseball.  What the hell are you thinking?  Man up, and have a real debate.
Back to the top

fauowl said

FIU4ever said

GeorgiaOwl said

Can you beleive Sporting News put FIU at 2nd in Belt! What are they smokin there? What have they seen, EVER, that would show this. Even in their own spring game the D sucked!!!

LOL, come on georgiaOwl, FAU's D was crappy last season as well, lol. We are all hoping the new DCs can turn both Ds around. I think the difference is he saw FIU on ESPN sportcenter all this month and decided the football program should be good as well. It will be interesting to see what he writes about FIU, Troy and MTSU though.

Are you saying he saw Garret Wittels on ESPN and so he thinks FIU will be good in football?  Hahaha, do you even believe that?  That may exceed the most ridiculous argument I have ever read.  That is priceless and you just lost any credibility that you never had to begin with.  That's like us saying because Rusty Smith is a great football player, we excel at baseball.  What the hell are you thinking?  Man up, and have a real debate.

I was actually agreeing with georgiaOwl that the writer obviously knows little about 'belt football, as no serious analyst would put FIU higher than Troy. The reference to ESPN was sarcasm, but it seems to be too soon for me to be joking about the high profile 2010 sunbelt tourny champs on this board. My apologies to still hurting hooters.
Back to the top

Likes and Dislikes: http://www.presnapread.com/five-and-five-florida-atlantic/#more-2321
Five and Five: Florida Atlantic
by PAUL MYERBERG  //  MAY 29, 2010

What are five things I like about Florida Atlantic in 2010? What about five things I don’t? This list has all the answers.

1. Running back Alfred Morris. A reserve prior to last fall, Morris burst onto the scene with a Sun Belt-best 1,392 yards rushing and 11 touchdowns. He’s the engine of the F.A.U. offense.

2. Nine returning starters on defense. The secondary is deep: Tavious Polo and Tavoris Hill are back at cornerback, again.

3. Quarterback Jeff Van Camp. The senior earned valuable experience last fall, starting the final five games of the season after Rusty Smith was lost to injury.

4. An experienced defensive line. Still, this group must receive increased production from players like end Kevin Cyrille, who has the physical tools to dominate in Sun Belt play but has remained a bit of an enigma during his F.A.U. career.

5. New defensive coordinator Kurt Van Valkenburgh. The former F.A.U. linebackers coach will be a fresh voice for a group that has struggled over the last three seasons.

DISLIKES

1. Questions at wide receiver. The Owls must replace their top three targets from a season ago, though the healthy return of tight end Rob Housler will help matters.

2. The offensive line is in shambles. Five new starters, none of whom has earned any significant action. What a difference a year makes.

3. Yes, the defense returns nine starters. It remains a bit of a concern that this group, so poor a year ago, is the strength of the team.

4. The Owls return two starters at linebacker, but the group lacks depth. This situation could be ameliorated should sophomore Yourhigness Morgan return to full health. Morgan suffered a concussion last season that limited his availability during the spring.

5. A very tough final month. F.A.U. concludes the season with Texas, Middle Tennessee State and Troy; the Owls would be extremely lucky to win one.
Back to the top

The D will be the key to this season Lockley, Polo, Bartell and the  D states " We will go bowling again in TWENTY TEN".
Back to the top

Troy weighed in at #64

Link

And the last team in is MTSU at #58…….

Highest ranked team in the Belt.

No. 58: Middle Tennessee State
Back to the top

The cofberence will be much tighter than most are predicting. MTSU lost BOTH their OC AND DC co-ordinators and Troy lost A LOT of talent and their OC too! GO OWLS!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: