Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Are you worried about Kiffin leaving?

Hoot_N_Holler said

Never say never.  I do seem to recall a rumor over the summer that Kiffin has a connection at UF.
Posted On: Oct 29th 2017, 4:42 PM #372448

They will want frost, mullin, strong, and maybe even try to steal taggert away from Oregon. 
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Hmmmmmm, UF's head coach Jim McElwain is gone.
UF pays well and an SEC school.
Posted On: Oct 29th 2017, 4:39 PM #372446

Better leave that up to University of Florida

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

why can I not delete my post??? I quoted the wrong post!!!

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

illinoisowl said

Hmmmmmm, UF's head coach Jim McElwain is gone.
UF pays well and an SEC school.
Posted On: Oct 29th 2017, 4:39 PM #372446

Better leave that up to University of Florida
Posted On: Oct 29th 2017, 4:44 PM #372450

I mean is it possible? Sure. But highly doubtful 
Back to the top

No idea how realistic it is that UF would come after Lane.  Others have already mentioned several guys who would seem more likely - they are going to probably swing for the fence on guys even higher than those, and end up really pushing for a Taggert, Mullen, Strong, Frost, etc.  Those guys have ties to the school or the state and have less "baggage" right now.  If it was next season, maybe a different story.

But the more interesting fact is all the schools that are going to be looking (or at least probably will):
UF
Tennessee
Texas A&M
Nebraska
Arkansas

That is just off the top of my head.  Those are big names, so they'll get good coaches from the next tier down of teams, then those teams will need to hire coaches.  So the more of those that come available, the bigger "hit" it is to up-and-coming or highly-valued coaches.  I still don't think Lane leaves this year, and if he does we still come out good with a good season and buyout money.  But the more and more of these that come open, the wider the shock waves are going to go across college football.
Back to the top

Meh…

I mean, it looks to me like his account is being used by staff, just as Partridge's was.

Either way, we will be fine.

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/lane-kiffin-sends-cryptic-tweet-mcelwain-news-drops-fans-freak
Back to the top

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/sports-ilustrateds-bruce-feldman-names-10-candidates-florida-job

This looks like a fairly reasonable list of potential candidates, and none of them is named Lane.  Again, for any of these guys that take a job like UF or Tennessee, their jobs also come open.
Back to the top

I'll be rooting for Randy Shannon… Maybe he can keep the job if he wins out.
Back to the top

I guess my final two cents. I am not sure if just one year on the job is Long enough for one of these schools to commit long term to Lane. Everyone knew he could coach offense, but a lot of administrations still may wanna see him manage a program for multiple years. Pretty much these similar schools decided to pass on him less than a year ago. Only time will tell, and I will just enjoy Lane’s time here as long as it lasts. 

But I do think he is here next year, and if not he has laid the ground work for us to be successful moving forward. 

Back to the top

Saying he will be here next year is a guess.
Back to the top
Control functions: