Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Are you worried about Kiffin leaving?

Hope you're right.
Back to the top

Arizona is talking to Les Miles.
Back to the top

Quick abstract in regards to what the Arizona AD  is looking for:

Back to the top

^ That bodes well for us (with all due respect to Kiffin)
Back to the top

Not to derail the thread, but just a quick comment on the AZ change…

I can't believe they are going to pay Rodriguez out…I mean, you can speculate on her credibility all day long but if you read the complaint filed there is a LOOOOOOONG history of allegations…and she must have been documenting this for quite a while with phone calls, texts, and probably even photos.

His goose is cooked.
Back to the top

Rick said

Not to derail the thread, but just a quick comment on the AZ change…

I can't believe they are going to pay Rodriguez out…I mean, you can speculate on her credibility all day long but if you read the complaint filed there is a LOOOOOOONG history of allegations…and she must have been documenting this for quite a while with phone calls, texts, and probably even photos.

His goose is cooked.
Posted On: Jan 4th 2018, 8:47 AM #376090

Agreed, if even half of the allegations are true Rodriguez would be lucky to ever land a coaching job again.

Apparently, UNT's Seth Litrell name is on the Arizona radar, probably a long shot but after seeing the job he's done and watching a few of his pressers I'm a Litrell fan, would be a solid hire for Zona.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Local Owl said

The thing is, if Kiffen leaves and takes Chris and Kendal, They are all going to make much more money. Just like Garren. I don't know the numbers , buy this is PAC 10 money. Be ready for anything to happen.
Posted On: Jan 3rd 2018, 4:10 PM #376081

I don't think Chris is going anywhere for 3 years….
Posted On: Jan 3rd 2018, 4:18 PM #376082

This is what gives me some hope that Lane stays until his penalty is up.  It's a legitamate thought.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I agree @walty12 - Lane can take his time, win more conference titles and go for 10+ wins for hopefully at least 2 more years just with the guys we have currently in the fold, continue to coach and live on his own terms, and decide to take his family show on the road much more easily when the show-cause is lifted (or not fresh in people's minds).  It seems like Lane has embraced the family "thing" right now, so the freedom and low pressure he enjoys while living in Boca and employing both his dad and his brother appear to be incentive to keep him around.  Coaches all want the "challenge" so the money and the ability to pursue bigger bowls and higher rankings (and possibly playoff consideration) will eventually sway him away, but it feels like he is fairly content and I wouldn't put it past him to stay longer than expected just to stick it to the media.  Life is pretty good for Kiffin right now.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I agree @walty12 - Lane can take his time, win more conference titles and go for 10+ wins for hopefully at least 2 more years just with the guys we have currently in the fold, continue to coach and live on his own terms, and decide to take his family show on the road much more easily when the show-cause is lifted (or not fresh in people's minds).  It seems like Lane has embraced the family "thing" right now, so the freedom and low pressure he enjoys while living in Boca and employing both his dad and his brother appear to be incentive to keep him around.  Coaches all want the "challenge" so the money and the ability to pursue bigger bowls and higher rankings (and possibly playoff consideration) will eventually sway him away, but it feels like he is fairly content and I wouldn't put it past him to stay longer than expected just to stick it to the media.  Life is pretty good for Kiffin right now.
Posted On: Jan 5th 2018, 6:56 PM #376133

There's also the interesting fact that Coach has already become an endearing figure in Palm Beach County and seems to love FAU and everything our school stands for. So that's an interesting dynamic that he's already a legend and knows he could go down as an historical figure down here. Maybe if he leaves one day he eventually comes back. And the thing with his brother will go away after the 2019 season. The question is, do we have one more year or two more years, hoping of course Arizona looks elsewhere.
Back to the top

Sumlin to Arizona.  Lane Train full steam ahead!
Back to the top
Control functions: