Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Attendance

I would be very surprised if this actually a game. I think FAU runs the table.

How about the attendance? What is the consensus this year? Better then last? How many actual people in the stands?
Back to the top

Re: Attendance

Exit39 said

I would be very surprised if this actually a game. I think FAU runs the table.

How about the attendance? What is the consensus this year? Better then last? How many actual people in the stands?

I mentioned in a previous post that our opening games usually draw a larger crowd but I think the key will be the "organized" availability of transportation for FAU students… we need to buss them in for a "real" college crowd…
Back to the top

Im REALLY curious as to the attendance for this game and the season.

Record turnouts for the Spring game and the Bonfire, lead me to believe that more students will be around.

You cant really go by the "official" numbers. Those include everyone in the stadium.

Last year the student endzone was almost full for every game.

Im HOPING that its full this year AND has to spill over into the Visitor side.

IF it is full PLEASE let them spill overinto the visitor side. The other endzone would be ok, but the crowd advantage would be MUCh better if the visitor side was used more then the other endzone.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Record turnouts for the Spring game and the Bonfire, lead me to believe that more students will be around.

You cant really go by the "official" numbers. Those include everyone in the stadium.

IF it is full PLEASE let them spill overinto the visitor side. The other endzone would be ok, but the crowd advantage would be MUCh better if the visitor side was used more then the other endzone.

Well, the media and officiating numbers aren't going to fluctuate much at all so that means the, what, 2000+ increase in bodies every year must be legitimate increases in public interest. The Student Section should be filled on Saturday. The south sidelines could be. Hopefully there will be people in the north sidelines as well.

I'm thinking 12k actual, 16k announced.
Back to the top

I predict a big turnout for the opener and if we win, then expect it again next weekend. the studients want to see W's and last year, by the time we got to the meat of our home season we were 1-4 and we go out and look like St. Marys School of the Blind against Troy…people don't rush out to see 1-5 football teams play.

We win tomorrow…and put on a good show, the kids will come back.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

owlfamily said

Well, the media and officiating numbers aren't going to fluctuate much at all so that means the, what, 2000+ increase in bodies every year must be legitimate increases in public interest. The Student Section should be filled on Saturday. The south sidelines could be. Hopefully there will be people in the north sidelines as well.

I can't stand having to look at the empty North stands almost every game!!! I think we once had the student section over there and I think we should move it back…
Back to the top

owlcountry said

better if the visitor side was used more then the other endzone.

Agree its getting better every year and the increase last year was CERTAINlY due to more students IMHO.

Back to the top

According to the NCAA website FBS attendance for FAU.

06- 9276
07- 15741
08- 16126

Steady increases with a HUGE jump from 06 to 07.

And all of this having to drive 30 mintues for a home game.

Another 1k+ increase would be nice.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

According to the NCAA website FBS attendance for FAU.

06- 9276
07- 15741
08- 16126

Steady increases with a HUGE jump from 06 to 07.

And all of this having to drive 30 mintues for a home game.

Another 1k+ increase would be nice.

Just imagine what a football stadium on campus would do to the program.
I can't wait!!
GO OWLS.
Back to the top

Boone said

I can't stand having to look at the empty North stands almost every game!!! I think we once had the student section over there and I think we should move it back…

We did for the Troy game last season when Housler had the ball bounce off his helmet.

We had a huge showing from the students because we were on ESPN2 and we (the students) put a lot of effort into marketing the game.
Back to the top
Control functions: