Bo Pelini to FAU?
Link to Article
does Carl help his bro stay in the game for a season or two?†
Sounds like a nice man.
Maybe he can help with the equipment department or something. †
Maybe not…ha ha!
By the way Bo, karma is a b….!
GeorgiaOwl saidWatching that Nebraska D fall apart seems to show Coach CARL P. maybe deserved much more credit that he got. I seem to recall many Nebraska fans saying that the D back then was all about Bo and Carl had little to do with it.
Maybe not…ha ha!
By the way Bo, karma is a b….!Posted On: Sep 17th 2013, 5:53 PM
There is no question that Carl had a tremendous impact on the defense at Nebraska - He is an excellent Defensive Line Coach, and a VERY relatable guy from a player standpoint. When he got the job at FAU, one of the reasons I joined this site is that I really like Carl as a coach and I am excited to see him be successful.
Bo will be fine with or without a job at Nebraska - his parting package would be in the millions per year for mulitple years, and he would land on his feet in pretty quick order. Being a boar and an ass does not preclude you from being a decent coach and finding a job. If it did, Belichek would never had gotten the New England job years ago. Now if Bo wants to be a GA while he is out hunting for his next job, he would be a pretty killer secondary or linebacker specialist to bring in for basically free…. (delusions are free today).
Everyone wants everything, right now. Building from the previous year, I think Carl showed some marked improvement last year and this year is moving in the right direction too. Looking at the season, here's what I see:
- This schedule is much tougher than last year or the year before (IMO).
- The loss to Miami has no shame in it. Neither does the loss to East Carolina.
- They could win any of their remaining games, even Auburn. I think they will win 5+ more and be in a bowl or on the bowl bubble. That would be huge for the extra practice time and the recruiting.
- I like the defense. This is a better defense than last year, if the Offense would help them out a bit more, this team has potential.
- I like the fact that the team seems to be playing hard for Coach P, at least the two games I saw they look like they are buying into Carl and his coaching staff in a good way.
This season has good potential for the Owls, and it looks to me like Carl is building something very positive with a good foundation.
See you all in Lincoln next August 30th? I'm toying with the idea of a tailgate of folks off this board, if enough of you can make it?
Go Owls! GO BIG RED!
- No one should discount the win over USF. That is a good win for the program.
I posted the link as a lark really and dont expect bo to be here but certainly wouls welcome him.
I normally make one big road trip per year, Nebraska is one I have yet to experience, could definitely be convinced.
Ronniehuskerron saidThere is no question that Carl had a tremendous impact on the defense at Nebraska…Posted On: Sep 18th 2013, 11:33 AM
(the whole thing)Posted On: Sep 18th 2013, 12:10 PM
The Afterlifemobile saidBo Pelini is a quality head coach, even if he were forced out at Nebraska a school with money like UCONN, IOWA, or KANSAS would probably make a serious run at him.Posted On: Sep 19th 2013, 2:42 AM
I'm sure his "buy out" has a non-compete clause so he's better-off coming here and not getting paid.