Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bowl projections after conference win

I would prefer a differenft bowl and team. Gasparilla in tampa against a p5 team. We open at minnesota let’s start setting the tone
Back to the top

Best team! If that's at home than so be it.
Back to the top

First time poster, long time user.

Boca bowl vs SMU definitely trumps gasparilla bowl vs Tulane.

You want to be ranked, beating SMU might get us there, Tulane def not.

You want attendance, a local game on a weekend will be like a normal crowd for us, where a game during the week, AND day before most people already have travel plans (from home airport) for holiday will be less of an crowd in my opinion.

You think players deserve to travel? I wouldn’t call going on a few hour bus ride traveling, especially when it’s to a place that is closer to home for a lot of the kids anyways.

And payout vs travel cost is better for university, exposure of the school is better too in Boca bowl.
Back to the top

/\ Totally agree with the above.

I totally get wanting to go away to a bowl for the player experience. It makes it more of a Super Bowl for them. For the program and university, staying home in Boca and playing a ranked team is a home run and no brainer. That game will be on ABC, will be played on a Saturday I believe, and even with our lack of fan support – would get people in the seats. With the money saved by staying home and the exposure that bowl gives us, you have to do it now that Lane is gone.
Back to the top

d-owl said

I totally get wanting to go away to a bowl for the player experience. It makes it more of a Super Bowl for them. For the program and university, staying home in Boca and playing a ranked team is a home run and no brainer. That game will be on ABC, will be played on a Saturday I believe, and even with our lack of fan support – would get people in the seats. With the money saved by staying home and the exposure that bowl gives us, you have to do it now that Lane is gone.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 3:12 PM #391828

Does it really give exposure? The nfl is playing on Saturday 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

d-owl said

Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 3:33 PM #391831
I believe still more so than some random bowl on CBSS or the Deuce that nobody really cares about. ABC, Saturday against a nearly ranked team - university pushed for it and feel you have to do it. Then you look at the "optics" – we will have at least some fans in the seats. The replays and highlights of the game yesterday are downright embarrassing when you take the stands into account.
Back to the top

It's a great match-up. I think it was a good decision to pull the trigger on this one. Obviously, cost effective as well.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

d-owl said

Posted On: Dec 8th 2019, 3:33 PM #391831

The Dolphins arent playing on Saturday, and the bills patriots arent on until 4:30.

As long as we get a decent fan turnout, get decent ratings and dont get slaughtered on national tv were okay
Back to the top
Control functions: