Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bulldogs Pound Owls

Re: Bulldogs Pound Owls

The mention of Ragoo on the D-line is an interesting thought.

Correct me if I am wrong, Chappell has not seen much time yet either. He is also a very big body who I was excited about when he signed. He could add some push on defense as well.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

The said

Look…..715 Yards is completely unacceptable….I don't care if it's Georgia, Alabama, MTSU, or Presbyterian College…You do not give up almost 3/4 of 1000 total yards to ANY program!  It's becoming painfully apparent that Howard and the entire regime let this program decay into oblivion after a slight peak.  There are guys on both sides of the ball who are not talented enough to be playing D-1 football on scholly or walk-in(let the David Kooi example be a microcosm), the only reason they are suiting up is because they are the best of the worst and with out them there would be no football team.  I was glad to see this team fight for a solid first half but the program is in need of a complete gutting of the last regime.  I'm thankful for everything Howard has done for this program and it would not exist without him but like I said complete control and accountability was lost over the past two seasons.  I will still watch and support FAU football and even use the Rec. Center as an Alumni member but we deserve better.  I SUPPORT & BELIEVE IN CARL PELINI!

You are really blaiming the defensive performance on HS???  C'mon.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

The said

Look…..715 Yards is completely unacceptable….I don't care if it's Georgia, Alabama, MTSU, or Presbyterian College…You do not give up almost 3/4 of 1000 total yards to ANY program!  It's becoming painfully apparent that Howard and the entire regime let this program decay into oblivion after a slight peak.  There are guys on both sides of the ball who are not talented enough to be playing D-1 football on scholly or walk-in(let the David Kooi example be a microcosm), the only reason they are suiting up is because they are the best of the worst and with out them there would be no football team.  I was glad to see this team fight for a solid first half but the program is in need of a complete gutting of the last regime.  I'm thankful for everything Howard has done for this program and it would not exist without him but like I said complete control and accountability was lost over the past two seasons.  I will still watch and support FAU football and even use the Rec. Center as an Alumni member but we deserve better.  I SUPPORT & BELIEVE IN CARL PELINI!

What he is saying is we are just starting to understand how bad Howard left this program
Back to the top

Here is my final take on the game; Coach P. was bitching about playing a game vs. a team that does not play a spread style, so those games do not really help us. If ya noticed UGA does go to a lot of  3 WR formations and spreads the field a bit. But they are bigger and faster than us or any Belt team. Thus over 700 EASY yards.
I say we should just SHUT UP and PLAY THE GAMES! I beleive the pre game talk may have influenced UGA into playing their starters more than usual vs. a body bag team just to show us they can play some football at UGA - they can run AND pass pretty much whenever they want too! So far this year we have not really stopped anyone which is what concerns me.
That and if passing the ball is working vs. an opponent - KEEP IT UP. Screw having balance, MOVE THE BALL AND SCORE! Especially when your D looks as bad as it does so far! I don't care who we play from here on, we are gonna have to score 35 or more to win guys (AND COACHES!).
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Correct me if I am wrong, Chappell has not seen much time yet either. He is also a very big body who I was excited about when he signed. He could add some push on defense as well.

I was excited about this guy too but he just has never got it together enough to be a starter. He might have been in on certain games without being a starter - and who knows, he might have even been pretty awesome - but it's just kinda hard to keep track of superstars on the line (for me, anyway).
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Coach P. was bitching about playing a game vs. a team that does not play a spread style, so those games do not really help us… I say we should just SHUT UP and PLAY THE GAMES!

He wasn't bitching. He was just making a point about the incompatible offensive styles.
Back to the top

The offensive style was pretty wide open and should have served as a pretty good training lesson. We are still the conservative ones too much of the time. I guess we are just learning slowing, taking "baby steps". Hope we learned somethings from it on both sides of the ball!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

The said

What he is saying is we are just starting to understand how bad Howard left this program

Are we?  This is as stupid as most of your posts.  Ridiculous excuse.  COACH these kids how to tackle and play proper football.  Pelini is a defensive minded coach and the ex D coordinator of Nebraska…there is NO excuse to play as poorly as we did, especially blaming the previous coach. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

The said

All of the upperclassman on this team are Howard's guys.  I'm not saying it's Howard's fault or he didn't care or even that ALL of his recruits are not talented but after he announced his retirement at the start of last season there were absolutely no standards up held.  The vast majority of last year's coaching staff were more occupied with finding other jobs.  So, in retrospect we are still trying to correct the mistakes from 2 seasons ago!
Back to the top

We were totally outclassed by UGAs offense period. We would've been even if we had a mature Defense because that's what happens when you play a top 10 SEC school. We happen to have a defense that's been piecemealed together with leftovers and band aids. The play where Crevon Leblanc was trying to run their TE out of bounds describes our game perfectly. That kid is 18, a true freshman starting safety (proof there was some lackluster talent left over) and will be great, maybe even this year, but he was flat out manhandled by a guy that was 50lbs and 5 inches bigger than him. I don't know if our defensive play calling was that bad, it was just that every pass route that was run got behind the DBS and every run had gaping holes. Is that all play calling? I think we were just getting physically owned and couldn't do a thing about it.

Have to give it time.
Back to the top
Control functions: