Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bulldogs Pound Owls

Re: Bulldogs Pound Owls

TeamBeer said

We were totally outclassed by UGAs offense period. We would've been even if we had a mature Defense because that's what happens when you play a top 10 SEC school. We happen to have a defense that's been piecemealed together with leftovers and band aids. The play where Crevon Leblanc was trying to run their TE out of bounds describes our game perfectly. That kid is 18, a true freshman starting safety (proof there was some lackluster talent left over) and will be great, maybe even this year, but he was flat out manhandled by a guy that was 50lbs and 5 inches bigger than him. I don't know if our defensive play calling was that bad, it was just that every pass route that was run got behind the DBS and every run had gaping holes. Is that all play calling? I think we were just getting physically owned and couldn't do a thing about it.

Have to give it time.

Leblanc is not proof that there was lackluster talent, the kid fell into FAU's lap from big BCS schools due to problems in high school.  He is one of the most talented recruits we've ever had.  Thats why he's playing.

We missed a lot of tackles and our players were not in the right place…thats not recruiting.

Is Georgia more talented?  Yes.  Will they be no matter if Pelini or HS is recruiting?  Yes.  Is there an excuse for allowing 700+ yards of offense?  No.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: Bulldogs Pound Owls

I didn't get to watch the game so maybe I can bring a non-emotional thought to the conversation.  Our untested, unproven team with a million question marks played a traditional SEC school who happens to be ranked #7 in the nation.  It wouldn't have mattered if we have Howard's kids or Pelini's kids, there is no realistic reason we should have beaten UGA.  Our guys are smaller and we lack the depth of a big program, I think it's as simple as that.  I know that the SunBelt has had a great year so far and I wish we were a part of that success, but we're not there…….YET.  I'm still trying to keep my focus on seeing small improvements every game and taking this as a rebuilding year for next season.  Maybe next season we will be the ULM of the SBC.  I'm looking forward to hopefully winning on 9/29 and celebrating with you guys.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: