Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Bowl Games State of the Union

Any chance Frisco picks us???
Back to the top

So basically we have no shot
Back to the top

LawOwl said

So basically we have no shot
Posted On: Nov 17th 2018, 6:54 PM #383585

As far as I can tell, CUSA has 6 bowl eligible teams and 7 bowl tie-ins.  There is also a secondary agreement with the Independence Bowl and the ACC might not be able to fill it.  So we do have a decent shot at a bowl.  

If both FAU and USM win, and FSU loses to Florida and/or Wake Forest loses to Duke, would we not both get bowl games?  Assuming that Clemson gets into the playoffs, the ACC could potentially only have 9 teams for 11 bowl games…and CUSA gets the Independence.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

As far as I can tell, CUSA has 6 bowl eligible teams and 7 bowl tie-ins.  There is also a secondary agreement with the Independence Bowl and the ACC might not be able to fill it.  So we do have a decent shot at a bowl.  

If both FAU and USM win, and FSU loses to Florida and/or Wake Forest loses to Duke, would we not both get bowl games?  Assuming that Clemson gets into the playoffs, the ACC could potentially only have 9 teams for 11 bowl games…and CUSA gets the Independence.
Posted On: Nov 17th 2018, 7:44 PM #383586

Please name the 7 tie ins, because the conference sent out a release yesterday, which I shared part of, that says we have 6.

Also, I did the math today and not seeing how either the SEC or the ACC will have a problem filling their spots since Notre Dame takes one up from them (ACC).

Back to the top

Rick said

fauowls44 said

Posted On: Nov 17th 2018, 7:44 PM #383586
Please name the 7 tie ins, because the conference sent out a release yesterday, which I shared part of, that says we have 6.

Also, I did the math today and not seeing how either the SEC or the ACC will have a problem filling their spots since Notre Dame takes one up from them (ACC).

Posted On: Nov 17th 2018, 8:10 PM #383588
It's possible I am wrong.  I was going by this:

2018-2019 College Football Bowl Ties, Affiliations For Each Conference

Conference USA Bowl Ties, Affiliations
Highest-ranked champion from the AAC, C-USA, MAC, MW & Sun Belt will play in a New Year’s Six bowl.

No set order for Conference USA bowls. Champion will choose which bowl it wants to attend.

– Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla vs. American Athletic
– Bahamas Bowl vs. MAC
– Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl vs. American Athletic
– Gildan New Mexico Bowl vs. Mountain West
– Hawai’i Bowl vs. Mountain West
– R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl vs. Sun Belt
– SERVPRO First Responders Bowl vs. Big Ten

Secondary Agreements
– Walk-On’s Independence Bowl
Conditional if ACC or SEC can’t fill a spot.

– DXL Frisco Bowl
Conditional if American Athletic or MAC can’t fill a spot.
Does it make a difference if ND is in the playoffs?
Back to the top

That's the link Voss posted from January…

This is what C-USA said: "along with either the Gasparilla Bowl or the First Responder Bowl."

I don't know, trust the conference is correct, but who knows at this point! Maybe the "either/or" the conference stated is incorrect…

As far as the ACC goes, they have 9 shoes ins with Clemson right now, and add Notre Dame for another to make 10.

But, as you mentioned, Clemson will probably be an at large, freeing one up…

So, if either FSU (not likley) or Wake Forest (more likely, but still) wins another game, they are full without Clemson.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Does it make a difference if ND is in the playoffs?
Posted On: Nov 17th 2018, 8:27 PM #383589

All I have seen is that Notre dame counts for one of theirs, but nothing about an at large freeing it up. So you may have a point there.

Too bad we couldn't just win one more game and put all of this needle in a haystack analysis to rest!  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Dang Rick now I’m starting to have some anxiety about all this so what is our best shot at getting in? Who do we have to root for/against next weekend?
Back to the top

Just thinking that maybe it's best to worry about this until after next Saturday's game to see if we should even be in the discussion, because right now we are on the oustide looking in. A 49er win is not a given.
Back to the top

Did some more digging on Notre Dame and the the only ACC team that can take an ACC bowl tie in from them is Clemson…so that is off the table…regardless, they look to get an at large, so that means they will not be a charge against the ACC as well.

I'll go with fauowls44 on the fact that we should be rooting for either FSU or Wake Forest to lose…if both win it looks like we are done.
Back to the top
Control functions: