Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Can anyone confirm these reports?

Re: Can anyone confirm these reports?

Pretty sure that Ghost is not looking for the job!

However, it would be a bit of a break from the dominant "male and former football player" paradigm to hire a female into the position.

Here's an interesting read about the premise: O'Riley prospering in male-dominated profession

Back to the top

Based on what TeamBeer wrote about the position I don't have an issue with her being in the job. She has definitely booked flights and travel arrangements for her team when they do competitions and what not. She's been with FAU for a while so she knows her way around the school pretty well and I'm sure being involved with cheer leading for most of her life has taught her a thing or two about football. Plus she's had to do all this stuff for a bunch of teenage girls.

No offense to anyone on here lol but making all these arrangements for a bunch of guys playing football should be a walk in the park compared to dealing with teen girls.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I would love to do that job for 45K a year.
I wish her good luck!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Based on what TeamBeer wrote about the position I don't have an issue with her being in the job. She has definitely booked flights and travel arrangements for her team when they do competitions and what not. She's been with FAU for a while so she knows her way around the school pretty well and I'm sure being involved with cheer leading for most of her life has taught her a thing or two about football. Plus she's had to do all this stuff for a bunch of teenage girls.

No offense to anyone on here lol but making all these arrangements for a bunch of guys playing football should be a walk in the park compared to dealing with teen girls.

Disarming a nuclear weapon is a walk in the park compared to dealing with teen girls.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I certainly did not submit my resume, as I'm nowhere near qualified!

If she can do a good job, more power to her, but just seems a little shady to lay off a guy who put nearly 12 years of work into helping build a program from nothing, claiming you (Pelini) wanted to replace him with someone who would also be recruiting, and then hire the cheerleading coach instead. Again, I'm hoping I'm wrong with all of this., but I don't think I am.

Pelini has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way in the department, from what I've heard, and this just adds to the list…
Back to the top

walty12 said

Jab979 said

Disarming a nuclear weapon is a walk in the park compared to dealing with teen girls.

Haha! +1

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

According to the athletic department, no one has been hired for the Football Ops job, despite the job being taken down from jobs.fau.edu. That leaves a myriad of possibilities, but that's the official statement from them — just passing along.
Back to the top

A friend called the athletic department today for details on a football-related auction prize she won, and Chun's secretary told her to speak to Heather, the operations director.

So, guess it's official somewhat! Pathetic.
Back to the top

GhostofBuchanan-
Could you please convey your problem with Heather? I'm curious as to what bothers you so much about her. As someone who knows her personally and professionally, I can't FATHOM questioning her work ethic or her ability to take on tasks and succeed with flying colors. I'm perplexed as to why her work with the football program is "pathetic" to you.
Back to the top

KLV760 said

GhostofBuchanan-
Could you please convey your problem with Heather? I'm curious as to what bothers you so much about her. As someone who knows her personally and professionally, I can't FATHOM questioning her work ethic or her ability to take on tasks and succeed with flying colors. I'm perplexed as to why her work with the football program is "pathetic" to you.

I agree, there are plenty of femald AD's a top level schools too! Think of how good Melissa did in her term as our interim AD - A HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN ANGELOS EVER DID!
Back to the top
Control functions: