Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Can anyone confirm these reports?

Re: Can anyone confirm these reports?

we'll probably all just have to agree to disagree on this but in business, the sake of the company is greater than the sake of the individual.

If "the business of FAU" realizes that Sean's not the guy moving forward but they need him for 6 months to get through some stuff, they run far too much risk telling him that, having him leave and then having no one so they probably told him: "right now, you have a job, we don't forsee any changes." Sean's mistake was thinking that the organization was faithful to him in an industry that is renowed for making than Tiger Woods look like the picture of monogamy.  CP is responsible for making sure his operation runs well (so he can win games and eventually leave us anyway!) and he has to do and say what he has to in order to make that happen.
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

And, Silver_Bullet32, it wasn't the fact Sean was "kicked to the curb" that has me honked off like a goose. It was the fact he was lied to. I'm sure, like most employees, he expected to probably lose his job when Pelini came in. When he didn't, I bet he was happy, but then to be lied to on two occasions (being told he was being kept on, after initially being told he was going to be let go, and then being told he was being replaced by someone to also do recruiting), was just a kick in the cojones.

Look, maybe I'm just old school and wanted this program to remain low-key and relatively clean, but I think those days might be over.

I understand what you are saying, but sometimes people just change their mind. Maybe when they told him those things, that was their intention at that time. They just thought about it and went a different direction. Nothing shady about changing your mind…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

I am not Sean (people on here can attest to that) but I do know him. Pelini hasn't just lied/been shady to him, though. From what I hear, he made plenty of enemies in Nebraska and that trend has continued here. He's just a shady character, and we at FAU are not used to that. Is winning going to be worth it when we have a scumbag coach lying to recruits, the media and anyone else he feels like? Just remember all of this when it all hits the fan at some point.

I don't think Carl has made nearly as many enemies as some very prolific posters on boards and one particular writer would like everyone to believe.

He is not perfect, for sure.  I have been involved in fixing companies for a number of years and there have been many people I hoped to keep during the process.  Some don't have what we need, some can't get aligned to the same goals - those folks can't stay because lack of alignment will crush us.  Was he aligned with CP's goals or was he 'just generally going the same way?'  Alignment in your car tires means you can go 100 miles an hours without bouncing off the road.  Just generally going the same way (out of alignment), it's hard to get moving fast enough to beat anyone.

I don't know enough about the situation, but it sure sounds like this may be more about alignment than lying.
Back to the top

ghostofbuchanan said

Can't say I didn't tell you so.

I won't believe a word that comes out of Pelini's mouth from this point onwards. He's a lying sack of sh!t.
Posted On: Apr 3rd 2013, 5:52 PM #310315

This deserves a bump…

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top
Control functions: