Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Carl Pelini resigns effictive immediately...

Ghost…great point. We don't have the money to buy him out so something had to have gone wrong for a resignation.

Track record says its possible…we shall see.

Jim Tressell is the guy! You heard it here first, he has a weak 5 game show cause penalty, if they hire him tomorrow, he can serve the first 4 games this year, then he'll only miss the opener against Nebraska next season. He's been on campus 3 times since Chun was hired, and they're tight, if he wants back in the game and can pull a Schnelly and basically retire down here, the job is his!  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

whatever it is, it is going to be bad for another couple of years. get a new coach in, new system, new way to learn things. New Recruiting tactics.
Posted On: Oct 30th 2013, 2:32 PM #320381

No it does not there is plenty of Coachs who turn programs around quickly.
Back to the top

Just saw on Twitter @McMurphyESPN  Pelini & "at least 1 assistant coach" has resigned from FAU, a source told @ESPN
Back to the top

He needs to take Wright with him..but it's not shocking but Damn we we're still fighting for a bowl so to let him go in the middle of the season is crazy…I just hope the new staff keeps rektis besides the fact that I like him but that's the only way we can even compete next year cause if CP is out Wright is not far behind him and having to learn another offense is going to suck….we can never get a break
Back to the top

What a disaster. The reset button just got pushed again.

With an assistant leaving too something has to be up philisophically instead of a personal level.

I wonder if Brian Wright is the one leaving with the offenseive issues.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I think OC is right, the right guy can come in here and move fast, we now have talent on the roster.

Eddie Gran is still my #1 choice, always has been.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

This is the worst news we could have received.  This sucks!

To have to go through a new coaching search AGAIN after two years and put a whole new staff in place and new schemes,  what I though could be a great year next year could end up being another disaster.
Posted On: Oct 30th 2013, 2:44 PM #320385

I agree…my front runner for permanent replacement will be one of the coordinators just for continuity and not having to start all over.   I know a couple thought Pelini was awful and in my mind it was too early to judge him.  It will now be Chun's guy.
Back to the top

teambeer said

Ghost…great point. We don't have the money to buy him out so something had to have gone wrong for a resignation.

Track record says its possible…we shall see.

Jim Tressell is the guy! You heard it here first, he has a weak 5 game show cause penalty, if they hire him tomorrow, he can serve the first 4 games this year, then he'll only miss the opener against Nebraska next season. He's been on campus 3 times since Chun was hired, and they're tight, if he wants back in the game and can pull a Schnelly and basically retire down here, the job is his!  :Big-Grin:
Posted On: Oct 30th 2013, 2:47 PM #320387
I would love this.
Back to the top

This had to be initiated by Pelini, as stated above FAU has NO money to buy out his contract nor would they want to.  My guess is that he was offered another positon and had to take it immediately or he did soething really wrong that voided the contract.

Anyone who thinks this is good news is delusional.  Even if we do get lucky and pick up a good replacement it is never good for a program to go through this mid season, terrible thing to do to the players.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I just hope the recruits that have committed still have their offers for next year.
Back to the top
Control functions: