Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Carl Pelini resigns effictive immediately...

dusky256fc said

This had to be initiated by Pelini, as stated above FAU has NO money to buy out his contract nor would they want to.  My guess is that he was offered another positon and had to take it immediately. 

Anyone who thinks this is good news is delusional.  Even if we do get lucky and pick up a good replacement it is never good for a program to go through this mid season, terrible thing to do to the players.
Posted On: Oct 30th 2013, 2:56 PM #320395
It might hurt short term but get real how far would Carl have taken us.
This is so exciting I could not be more happy.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

This had to be initiated by Pelini, as stated above FAU has NO money to buy out his contract nor would they want to.  My guess is that he was offered another positon and had to take it immediately. 

Anyone who thinks this is good news is delusional.  Even if we do get lucky and pick up a good replacement it is never good for a program to go through this mid season, terrible thing to do to the players.

Maybe not…I recall the contract said if he was fired without cause we owed him the money…however this could be with cause based on the rumblings and the suddenness of it all, also if he resigns I don't think we owe…so it could have been a situation where he was going to be fired or given the chance to resign…
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Who would offer him based on his track record?

Something went wrong in a major way.  I'll check his contract (it's public info) to see what impact a resignation has on any payout or money owed to us.
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

dusky256fc said

Maybe not…I recall the contract said if he was fired without cause we owed him the money…however this could be with cause based on the rumblings and the suddenness of it all, also if he resigns I don't think we owe…so it could have been a situation where he was going to be fired or given the chance to resign…
Posted On: Oct 30th 2013, 2:59 PM #320398

I agree, I amended my comment to include that as well right after I posted and the more I think of it the more I believe that could be it.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

sigep77 said

dusky256fc said

Who would offer him based on his track record?

Something went wrong in a major way.  I'll check his contract (it's public info) to see what impact a resignation has on any payout or money owed to us.
Posted On: Oct 30th 2013, 3:01 PM #320399

Yeah I don't think he is leaving to take another job, that's for sure…
Back to the top

He had to be forced to resign. FAU wouldn't fire him because we would have to pay up. He would have never left in the middle of the season either. His W-L record is awful so he can't point to that as a reason to get hired elsewhere. I suspect in some way he got his hand caught in a cookie jar.  
Back to the top

mmakar said

He had to be forced to resign. FAU wouldn't fire him because we would have to pay up. He would have never left in the middle of the season either. His W-L record is awful so he can't point to that as a reason to get hired elsewhere. I suspect in some way he got his hand caught in a cookie jar.  
Posted On: Oct 30th 2013, 3:05 PM #320402

Yup!
Back to the top

+1 he had to do something
Back to the top

We haven't been recruiting well enough to think that players are getting paid!  :)

At least one assistant going with him
Back to the top

I hope its not any NCAA violations discovered. This would seem like the first step if some were uncovered. The next step would be to admit to the NCAA the violations and have them come in. We shall see.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: