Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Carl Pelini resigns effictive immediately...

More great press for "the worst university in America".

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

It is. Pelini and Retskis resigned over pot allegations.

Brian Wright takes over as interim coach. We're so screwed.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Posted On: Oct 30th 2013, 4:05 PM #320421

Seems more than allegation if they were willing to resign instead of forcing FAU to fire them.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Posted On: Oct 30th 2013, 4:05 PM #320421

Why do you say that, I know it has taken longer than expected to get the offense moving but look at the offensive production lately (exclude Auburn).

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

So why does this come out in the middle of the week..Was someone about to leak it? Could it not wait till sunday and the Bye week?
Back to the top

Good grief.

I feel bad for the team.
Back to the top

At the press conference, FAU Athletic Director Patrick Chun said both head coach Carl Pelini and defensive coordinator Pete Rekstis willingly resigned after Chun confronted them about marijuana use during an off-campus, non-FAU-related event. It was not stated when or where the event occurred, but that an investigation continues.

Rekstis was reportedly driven away from football practice in a police vehicle.

Brian Wright, who came to FAU from Montana, was named the interim head coach.
Back to the top

Owlshak said

So why does this come out in the middle of the week..Was someone about to leak it? Could it not wait till sunday and the Bye week?
Posted On: Oct 30th 2013, 4:22 PM #320425

Chun couldn't sit on this.  Once he was informed of whatever went on, he had to report it or risk his own job.  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Owlshak said

Posted On: Oct 30th 2013, 4:22 PM #320425

Chun couldn't sit on this.  Once he was informed of whatever went on, he had to report it or risk his own job.  
Posted On: Oct 30th 2013, 4:31 PM #320429

Bad news never has good timing…if the issue is great enough to warrant forced resignation you don't let the guy continue a couple more days.  The sooner you get it over with the sooner we can move on.  Hopefully Coach Wright can use this as a learning lesson and tell the players that no matter who you are, if you make poor decisions and choices their will be consequences.
Back to the top

Time to start a new HC search thread. OC40 should be happy.  :Big-Grin:

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: