Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Championship Motor City Bowl Shirts?

Re: Championship Motor City Bowl Shirts?

OWLUMNI said

This is what Owlsgear.com has

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

So Owlsgear is a different company than Dirty Birds, right?

We have two competing groups here?
Back to the top

We have two merchandisers working outside of the confines of the university which is a great thing. Both of those groups will soon be big enough that it will force the university to either let them play or up their own game…we, the consumer, will benefit.

But yes, they're separate companies.
Back to the top

The Dirty Birds are a formidable group of alumni (and some students) that go to football, men's basketball and baseball games, make a lot of noise, tailgate, and sell unlicensed stuff.

Owlgear.com is a business started by three alumni that sell licensed FAU stuff. They too are fans and go to sporting events, and tailgate, but they aren't a formidable group that sells shirts (Dirty Birds), but rather a business owned by alumni.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Yes, OWLSGEAR.COM and FAUDIRTYBIRDS.COM are different.  But the only major difference is that we are licensed by the University to use all logos and trademarks.
Back to the top

Good job on the design, Owlgear!
This is the best one so far I have seen out there.
I am also a graphic designer and I appreciate your work.

keep up the good work!

GO OWLS
Back to the top

OWLUMNI said

Yes, OWLSGEAR.COM and FAUDIRTYBIRDS.COM are different.  But the only major difference is that we are licensed by the University to use all logos and trademarks.

Gotcha. Love the humor of the Dirty Bird shirts and I really like the Owlsgear.com signs/balloons flying at the tailgates.

Did you guys say you were trying to branch out from t-shirts to other things?
Back to the top

As you can see our shirts (Dirty Birds) are completely different from the owlsgear shirts.  Since we are unlicensed we went with a back-to-back bowl style.  We have to be creative for the time being!

Yes we will be branching out to other items in the near future……

Look out next year….big things in the works….( like a dirty member flying in the air next to the owls gear balloon!   :o ;D :o ;D )

Thanks for all the love again!  Both companies are just trying their best to expand the brand of FAU!  And give you the fan more options than what the bookstore has to offer!

Back to the top

owlcountry said

OWLUMNI said

Gotcha. Love the humor of the Dirty Bird shirts and I really like the Owlsgear.com signs/balloons flying at the tailgates.

Did you guys say you were trying to branch out from t-shirts to other things?

We have recently upgraded of license with FAU and we will be working on other things.
Back to the top

You guys both have great companies and it is awesome to see some FAU merchandise (licensed or not) that actually looks good.  I bought my family and myself a couple of shirts from both companies for christmas, and they loved them.  Actually, they wanted both websites so that they can order more stuff, so keep on keepin on guys!

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

The Owlsgear shirt looks better. Sorry Dirty Birds. :-[

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top
Control functions: