Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Cheers and Jeers - Western Kentucky Edition

Re: Cheers and Jeers - Western Kentucky Edition

Bonner has been dropping passes all year long......not new news

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I am thrilled with this win, however, there are too  many "favorites" on this team. I am personally sick of it. The penalties and dropped passes ARE BAD COACHING. The same players who commit the same mistakes game after game continue to start. This causes anomosity, surely not the respect that is needed for a team to win.
Our coaches are the ones who have screwed up this season.
Did I mention stupid play calling … AGAIN ????
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

It should not be that hard to instill discipline. Most other teams are disciplined. Discipline and accountability go hand in hand. Without accountability there is no discipline.

When I played football it was simple. If a player committed penalties such as personal fouls he ran his ass off. It seemed to be pretty effective. If a player really had a discipline problem he sat; also very effective. The team also ran sprints for every five penalty yards earned in a game. The guys who are not committing penalties are pretty quick to get after those guys who are not disciplined. A couple weeks of that treatment and I bet the penalties will drop in number and fast.

GO OWLS!!!

I agree with the fact of accountability, but you can only beat a dog so many times before he ends up curled up in the corner afraid to come out and play.

And this team plays afraid at times - afraid to make mistakes, back on their heels, etc…..

They made some stride on Sat. just not enough to turn the corner just yet.
Back to the top
Control functions: