Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chris Robinson was accused of sexual battery

FAU football: QB investigated for sexual battery; charges not filed - Sports - The Palm Beach Post - West Palm Beach, FL

It is important to note as Jake noted that Robinson was never charged. It is also important to read the full police reports which layout important details and very different stories come from both sides.

As we know in 2019 these situations are very difficult as trying to figure what truly happens is impossible and makes it polarizing.
Back to the top

I will be the first to say that Chris should be considered innocent as he was NOT proven guilty but I see why Lane did what he did.
Back to the top

This is the usa. You are inoccent  until proven guilty. In my 59 years, I may or may not have had alegations made against me. Thank god this is the usa. This young man  certainly has had his issues. I hope he is learning along the way.
Back to the top

The fact that the case was withdrawn just three days later and no charges were filed are interested. Whatever happened between them seems to have cleared up.

Hopefully FAU police can speak with the girl and do a proper investigation. It's important to be cautious and careful but if nothing comes from the investigation, he should be allowed back onto the team
Back to the top

This guy continues to bring unwanted attention to himself and the school. He can't seem to get out of his own way. While she has recanted, there is that and other allegations that are troubling that I'm sure the University will look into separetely from any police investigation. I for one won't shed any tears if we have seen the last of him.
Back to the top

Get rid of him.

He already has a trail of bad judgment both on and off the field.  This isnt his first suspension. At this point I dont care if he's guilty of a crime or not he has a long trail of substance abuse going back to Oklahoma.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2702632-oklahoma-qb-chris-robison-db-ronnie-larue-arrested-for-public-intoxication

Compare this with D'andre Johnson who left a week after this incident occured.

D'andre made a mistake and spent the next 2 years paying for it and doing all the right things over the next 2 years and even came back from blood clots and he recovered but never got the playing time he deserved.

Back to the top

If they've kept him this long they might as well keep him now. Besides, the success of the offense depends more on if Wynn and some one else like Eyan Cole put in dynamite freshmen campaigns to complement Willie. If there's startpower at WR, that's when Robison can be successful. It's great to have Tronti there just in case.
Back to the top

voss749 said

Get rid of him.

He already has a trail of bad judgment both on and off the field.  This isnt his first suspension. At this point I dont care if he's guilty of a crime or not he has a long trail of substance abuse going back to Oklahoma.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2702632-oklahoma-qb-chris-robison-db-ronnie-larue-arrested-for-public-intoxication.

D'andre made a mistake and spent the next 2 years paying for it and doing all the right things over the next 2 years and even came back from blood clots and he recovered but never got the playing time he deserved.

Posted On: May 18th 2019, 6:08 PM #386369

Agree completely.  Guy should have been on a 1 strike policy to begin with considering his history.  We were doing him a favor giving a second chance not him doing us a favor.  Obviously he was taking it all for granted.  He should have been the most straight laced guy on the team.  

Funny but not funny part about this is it sounds like hes a rat too.  Good luck gaining teammates trust with that.  
Back to the top

This is a tough situation.  Unfortunately, this Robison kid just cannot keep himself out of bad situation after bad situation.  The optics are bad and with him playing the most focused on position...it doesn't make it any better.  The QB is undoubtedly the person that is most reflective of a program. 

I hope Lane handles this situation whichever way is best for the program.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

voss749 said

Get rid of him.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2702632-oklahoma-qb-chris-robison-db-ronnie-larue-arrested-for-public-intoxication

Posted On: May 18th 2019, 6:08 PM #386369

I'm squarely in this camp as well – and really have been on the fence with this guy even before that. I don't know why some people are enamored with him other than he was a high profile recruit out of HS. That means absoluteluy nothing now, especially seeing how mediocre he was when he got on the field.

He was mediocre last year, clearly has exhibited no leadership traits that make me trust him to lead this offense, and now this. Lane will not be doing this program any favors from an optics and media standpoint giving this guy chance after chance, and from a team/program perspective, we should be better than this. He was cut from OU for less than this – just move on IMO.

The DeAndre angle is so disappointing; I cannot help but think giving Robison the job over him did not sit well for a lot of folks and it had an affect on the team last year.
Back to the top
Control functions: