Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chris Robinson was accused of sexual battery

jgf2017 said

I’ve been a big supporter of this kid because he as an arm. It was ridiculous last season having to constantly defend him with all the people saying he sucked when he had no receivers. Nothing’s changed. If somehow Robison has good receivers he can be one of the best qbs in the country. Quite useless though if he doesn’t in which case Tronti would be the better option Bc we’d need a game manager
Posted On: May 19th 2019, 6:02 PM #386386
Parr had an arm also. A good QB works with the tools he has on offense and makes it work. If you think he was only mediocre last year because his receivers sucked, just wait until this year. That said, his arm isn't the issue for me right right now, and frankly, he could be Baker Mayfield out there (which he isn't and from what I saw last year never will be) and I still would rather the school move on from him.

More important than his poor decision making on the field, he is simply a poor character guy and not someone I want as the field general and face of the offense. It's already been said in this thread; if anyone should have been a high character guy on this team, it's him. He was kicked out of a top 5 program in the country, and you'd think that alone would be a wake up call - not even close. I trust the university will do the right thing, but this guy has blown the (many) opportunities given to him as far as I'm concerned and should be gone.
Back to the top

d-owl said

…he could be Baker Mayfield out there (which he isn't and from what I saw last year never will be) and I still would rather the school move on from him.
Posted On: May 19th 2019, 7:05 PM #386387

The irony in this post…wow…for those that don't know, Baker Mayfield (a 3* guy at the time with three offers total) was offered by FAU and was very possibly going to commit to the program only to end up at OU as a walk on…obviously he became a Heisman trophy winner there.

Robison (4* heralded recruit) was never offered by us and ended at up OU before being let go and then wound up here as a second chance guy.

Strange how life works out.

Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

He is in college and hate to break to you but college students as well as athletes do that. Don’t be naive, or hypocrite.

Posted On: May 19th 2019, 9:57 AM #386378

I personally don't care if every college student in America drinks and smokes weed.  I grew up in the 70s.  There is not much anyone can do that I haven't experienced first hand.  

A division 1 college athlete has to be above that especially if they are at FAU and especially if they are on their second chance for a violation that involved the same.

My son went to college and I am sure he engaged in that, but if he was the QB at FAU I would expect more of him.  

How about we quit lumping all 19-20 year olds together.  They have been told their whole lives about how special they are as athletes.  If they expect to make it to the next level, they need to act special.

Life isn't fair.  More is expected of some. Get used to it. Don't be naïve.
Back to the top

Rick said

d-owl said

…he could be Baker Mayfield out there (which he isn't and from what I saw last year never will be) and I still would rather the school move on from him.
Posted On: May 19th 2019, 7:05 PM #386387

The irony in this post…wow…for those that don't know, Baker Mayfield (a 3* guy at the time with three offers total) was offered by FAU and was very possibly going to commit to the program only to end up at OU as a walk on…obviously he became a Heisman trophy winner there.

Robison (4* heralded recruit) was never offered by us and ended at up OU before being let go and then wound up here as a second chance guy.

Strange how life works out.

Posted On: May 19th 2019, 8:47 PM #386388

Haha exactly why I used that example (and the obvious OU connection) lol.

Back to the top

fauowl said

He is in college and hate to break to you but college students as well as athletes do that. Don’t be naive, or hypocrite.

I personally don't care if every college student in America drinks and smokes weed.  I grew up in the 70s.  There is not much anyone can do that I haven't experienced first hand.  

A division 1 college athlete has to be above that especially if they are at FAU and especially if they are on their second chance for a violation that involved the same.

My son went to college and I am sure he engaged in that, but if he was the QB at FAU I would expect more of him.  

How about we quit lumping all 19-20 year olds together.  They have been told their whole lives about how special they are as athletes.  If they expect to make it to the next level, they need to act special.

Posted On: May 19th 2019, 8:59 PM #386389

End of thread! lol

Back to the top

fauowl said

Mark you and I have talked about this very subject 100 times in your store, so I know we are on the same page with most of this.

I just do not like when fans become some moral judge for players.
Fans tend to protect the players that perform well. Chris Robinson issues are not much different than Jamies Winston's at FSU. Winston had a great RS FR year, so FSU fans defended him at every turn.

Chris had his ups and downs in a year that was an overall disappointment, so his tats and dancing become a problem.

Back to the top

fauowl said

Mark you and I have talked about this very subject 100 times in your store, so I know we are on the same page with most of this.

I just do not like when fans become some moral judge for players.
Fans tend to protect the players that perform well. Chris Robinson issues are not much different than Jamies Winston's at FSU. Winston had a great RS FR year, so FSU fans defended him at every turn.

Chris had his ups and downs in a year that was an overall disappointment, so his tats and dancing become a problem.

Posted On: May 20th 2019, 10:29 AM #386392

Its not about being a moral judge. I couldnt care less about his tats and dancing. Its his second suspension here at FAU, after having been kicked out of oklahoma where he had a public intoxication arrest that shows a lack of discipline and self-control.

Back to the top

Looks like he is back with the team. I wasn't there but wished Tronti did more in the Spring from all accounts. He still may get the nod to start, but I really don't trust this kid at all. Hope he proves me wrong and turns himself around, but this has to be the last chance for him to step up and be a leader. We are giving him a long leash.
Back to the top

FAU UNIVERSITY PRESS STORY

He may have been legally cleared but is he so good that we really need this or are we just waiting for
the next shoe to drop.

https://issuu.com/upress/docs/vol21_up01_book?fbclid=IwAR0Yv6kZ_CqfWnHGdi6tddZM9VP3-VQww4odRLVbsGxcEXgI0LI0aePg9KY
Back to the top

That's definitely not a good look. We as an institution need to do better to help victims report without having to go through all those hoops.

I think there's honestly not much that can be done about this. It does sound like Robison was in the wrong. It would have been nice if he had given a statement to the paper too so we could see both sides of the story.

The ultimate problem is the victim recanted her story with the POLICE. She told them it was consensual. I think that throws the entire case. You can't claim it was consensual with the police and then say it wasn't with university victim center. It sounds extremely contradictory and makes her lose her credibility. As bad as I feel for her situation, she made a huge mistake.

We can't expel robison because he's legally cleared for lack of evidence. I think he could countersue the university if we had done anything against him.

I think Robison is threading a very fine line and any tiny mistake he makes moving forward will end his career immediately. He very much lucked out of this
Back to the top
Control functions: