Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chun to be named AD at Washington State

teambeer said

We need someone that can find money, not count checks that come in without much work. The ideal candidate will figure out the riddle of untapping all of the money in Boca Raton.
Posted On: Jan 18th 2018, 6:57 PM #376484

+10,000

Not sure if you saw the Washington Times article on him, but it strongly appeared like chun or his agent sent them a bio and they wrote a story around it with no critique or validation efforts whatsoever.

They credited him with two things at FAU i'd say are not validated and up for debate, but whatever…

Not going to open that can of worms.

Back to the top

I honestly feel like Chun is capitalizing on Dr. Kelly’s fundraising,
 and hiring of Kiffin. If Kelly hadnt pulled that off, Chun would be here for another 5 years. 
Back to the top

Rick said

teambeer said

We need someone that can find money, not count checks that come in without much work. The ideal candidate will figure out the riddle of untapping all of the money in Boca Raton.
Posted On: Jan 18th 2018, 6:57 PM #376484

+10,000

Not sure if you saw the Washington Times article on him, but it strongly appeared like chun or his agent sent them a bio and they wrote a story around it with no critique or validation efforts whatsoever.

They credited him with two things at FAU i'd say are not validated and up for debate, but whatever…

Not going to open that can of worms.

Posted On: Jan 18th 2018, 8:22 PM #376489

Shhhhhhhhh…..they might figure out they’ve been conned.  Good riddance!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I'm trying to imagine things from the other side of the equation, with wealthy people getting hounded by not just us but churches and charities and financial advisors and you name it.

They're hyper-aware that people may be trying to befriend them to ask for money, and that makes it difficult for our fundraisers to make new contacts so they don't have to keep hitting up Christine Lynn and the Schmidts for money every time they want something.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I'm trying to imagine things from the other side of the equation, with wealthy people getting hounded by not just us but churches and charities and financial advisors and you name it.

They're hyper-aware that people may be trying to befriend them to ask for money, and that makes it difficult for our fundraisers to make new contacts so they don't have to keep hitting up Christine Lynn and the Schmidts for money every time they want something.
Posted On: Jan 18th 2018, 9:33 PM #376494

We are no different than every other university in the country, don’t make excuses for him.  He sucked at his job.

It is my understanding you don’t live in Boca so you have no idea how he conducted himself, you don’t have to comment on every thread.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

It is my understanding you don’t live in Boca so you have no idea how he conducted himself, you don’t have to comment on every thread.
Posted On: Jan 18th 2018, 10:19 PM #376496

You're correct. I no longer live in Boca, although I did previously and interacted with Chun during that time.

I now work as a physician in the Midwest and this is my primary connection to my alma mater.
Back to the top

Doc's blogs are FANTASTIC, and he's a valued member of the forum…they are more than well received and actually got more traffic than sports content at times.

Check out the numbers for validation…

Anyway, he spent significant personal time engaging at community events, businesses, and the campus itself during his educational process, often breaking things that other outlets then got credit for down the line.

Hats off good sir.

Back to the top

Rick said

Doc's blogs are FANTASTIC, and he's a valued member of the forum…they are more than well received and actually got more traffic than sports content at times.

Check out the numbers for validation…

Anyway, he spent significant personal time engaging at community events, businesses, and the campus itself during his educational process, often breaking things that other outlets then got credit for down the line.

Hats off good sir.

Posted On: Jan 19th 2018, 7:36 AM #376498

I enjoy his blogs as well, thanks for making my point.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Posted On: Jan 19th 2018, 8:22 AM #376501

What exactly was your point?

Because I thought it was:

"you have no idea how he conducted himself"
Back to the top

Rick said

dusky256fc said

Posted On: Jan 19th 2018, 8:22 AM #376501

What exactly was your point?

Because I thought it was:

"you have no idea how he conducted himself"
Posted On: Jan 19th 2018, 8:58 AM #376502

Moving on Rick.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: