Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

CMU lost 67,227 in the MCB!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Re: CMU lost 67,227 in the MCB!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

CMU lost 67,227 in the MCB!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

FAUtuba said

Jab979 said

FAUtuba said

It just goes to show that unless your name is Florida or Texas, your job isn't to make money but try to come out even.

Rumor has is athletics would love to take the Band to USC this year, but they are unsure if there will be any money to do it.

SoCar has to be SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than Michigan. They don't need to fly, I understand they still need to pay for a bus. They can find a cheap hotel if booked early enough. I booked my hotel in December before Christmas. I know us Dirty Birds and a bunch of guys from DTD fraternity an Crash Taylor are all staying at the Rodeway Inn which for 2 nights came to $122 including tax.

I'm not saying the band should stay there but they can probably find something cheap and close to the stadium. Our hotel is 2.5 miles away from the stadium

This trip would be LOW budget if it happens. That means get on the bus, play the game, go home.

Regardless of what happens with the band I think I'll be making the the trip there this year.  It might be the only away game we make this year.

Tuba: Is it feasible to take 35 - 40 band members on a bus with all the equipment underneath? Would it fit, including luggage?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

FAUtuba said

Jab979 said

FAUtuba said

It just goes to show that unless your name is Florida or Texas, your job isn't to make money but try to come out even.

Rumor has is athletics would love to take the Band to USC this year, but they are unsure if there will be any money to do it.

SoCar has to be SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than Michigan. They don't need to fly, I understand they still need to pay for a bus. They can find a cheap hotel if booked early enough. I booked my hotel in December before Christmas. I know us Dirty Birds and a bunch of guys from DTD fraternity an Crash Taylor are all staying at the Rodeway Inn which for 2 nights came to $122 including tax.

I'm not saying the band should stay there but they can probably find something cheap and close to the stadium. Our hotel is 2.5 miles away from the stadium

This trip would be LOW budget if it happens. That means get on the bus, play the game, go home.

Regardless of what happens with the band I think I'll be making the the trip there this year.  It might be the only away game we make this year.

Tuba: Is it feasible to take 35 - 40 band members on a bus with all the equipment underneath? Would it fit, including luggage?

Whenever we travel thats how it is we never have to bring an extra truck.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

uhh yah anyone staying in the roadway will have a new outlook on FA-Who?

The Dirty's and DTD will be bringing their "A" game this year!
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

uhh yah anyone staying in the roadway will have a new outlook on FA-Who?

The Dirty's and DTD will be bringing their "A" game this year!
 FA……..OMG they burnt the place down
Back to the top

I hope the band, cheer and dance get to go.

Maybe the SAA can team up with the band and cheer/dance and bring two buses: one bus of dance, band and cheer; one bus of students.

That would be more appealing to a hotel:
50 students = 13 hotel rooms + two advisor hotel rooms = 15 rooms
50 spirit group students = 27 hotel rooms (two per room; two advisor rooms)

So 42 hotel rooms….

Bus is about $1,000 per day, but maybe more going to SoCarolina? so figure AT THE MOST $10,000 in transportation for the student bus. That's $200 a student. Two nights in a hotel would be $100.

So we're looking at $300 per student.

If this does happen… and it does cost that much… SAA should target freshmen—- not only would they want to go on the trip, but maybe their parents would pay for it since they are new to the school. 

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I hope the band, cheer and dance get to go.

Maybe the SAA can team up with the band and cheer/dance and bring two buses: one bus of dance, band and cheer; one bus of students.

That would be more appealing to a hotel:
50 students = 13 hotel rooms + two advisor hotel rooms = 15 rooms
50 spirit group students = 27 hotel rooms (two per room; two advisor rooms)

So 42 hotel rooms….

Bus is about $1,000 per day, but maybe more going to SoCarolina? so figure AT THE MOST $10,000 in transportation for the student bus. That's $200 a student. Two nights in a hotel would be $100.

So we're looking at $300 per student.

If this does happen… and it does cost that much… SAA should target freshmen—- not only would they want to go on the trip, but maybe their parents would pay for it since they are new to the school.

Pass this along if you want Smitty…

Just made a quick inquiry by phone…They want $54 per night at 25+ room reservation…….

that's HALF the hotel…they only have 60 rooms…

$114.48 for two nights with four to a room…

Back to the top

yeah - but that's assuming there is availability. But I know what you mean.

I've already talked to Bobby about this, who is assumed to be voted in as the new director of the prOWLers this week (or maybe next week). He was the director last year, and this year moved back home and attended the PSL campus. But now he's back in Boca and ready to pick up where he left off!

Back to the top

?

Just talked to them…they have the rooms…

http://www.rodewayinn.com/hotel-columbia-south_carolina-SC266

but they wont at that rate for long…the lady said they are going up soon…to $70 per night plus tax…
Back to the top
Control functions: