Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach KIFFIN 4/1 Arkansas

In the PBP Jake wrote that Lane is 4/1 odds for the Arkansas Job. But I looked it up and not many people have him as even a top 5-8 candidate. This is IMO I couldn’t think the odds would be that high. Arkansas is not easy to win at 
Back to the top

Given no Boones Pickens one could argue it's a poor man's Stillwater…Anyway, not sure they will ever get back to prominence…he'd be doing himself a disfavor by even considering Arkansas should they come a' courtin'. 
Back to the top

As stated in all these threads about seemingly every job that comes up, this is a 2-way deal.  The school has to want Lane and he has to have an interest in the school.  With FSU (and many of the other jobs over the past 2 years) I really didn’t think Kiffin was legitimately on the list.  With Arkansas he ***could be*** on their list but I’d lean towards that being a job he wouldn’t be that interested in.

I know it is SEC and it would have a big step up in pay.  And there have been a few occasions where the Razorbacks have had some success. But that really doesn’t feel like a “fit” to me given they just went with the hot offensive-minded guy on the last hire. 

And $1-$1.5M in Paradise sounds a lot better than going to Arkansas. 
Back to the top

College football coaching is such a year round job now… Lane isn’t spending it in Arkansas
Back to the top

Hard to see him going to Arkansas unless it is with the hopes of using it as a stepping stone to something better. I still don't see a great upside other than salary. He could stay a few more years at FAU and then land a big job the same as he could spending a few years at Arkansas. Arkansas just doesn't seem desirable. I have no idea to this day why Bielema left Wisconsin for Arkansas.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Didn't we have this same discussion just two years ago?

Lane isn't leaving Boca Raton for Fayetteville.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

The thing that irks me is we’re in Boca Raton they’re in freaking Arkansas. All things being equal no one would wan5 Arkansas. That’s why moving up condeeenxes is so advantageous. They shouldn’t be able to throw twice as much money at coaches than us. It’s all bc of the P5 and we’re a young school. We should have a program as good as theirs if no5 better 
Back to the top

There's a 41 pg thread on hogville.net

The Official LANE KIFFIN Thread - “The Lane Train”
Back to the top

I agree and I’ve been thinking the same thing. It’s getting serious right now and wouldn’t be surprised if he gets offered. This is a real problem 
Back to the top

THEY LIKE FSU JUST TOTALLY BLEW THE MOST RECENT HIRE - THEY HAVE TO GO ESTABLISHED AND SAFE! ARKY EVEN MORE THAN FSU DUE TO SEC COMPETITION WAY STRONGER THAN ACC
Back to the top
Control functions: