Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach KIFFIN 4/1 Arkansas

Per an article I saw that was from last year, 20% of the loan is forgiven for every year he stays.  So it would already be down to 40% of the $2M ($800k).  An SEC school is just going to pay the buyout and have the $800k included as part of it.  You have to remember we are talking about people with DEEP pockets when we are talking about the kind of schools in play here.

FAU loaned Lane Kiffin a whole lot of money - FootballScoop
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Per an article I saw that was from last year, 20% of the loan is forgiven for every year he stays.  So it would already be down to 40% of the $2M ($800k).  An SEC school is just going to pay the buyout and have the $800k included as part of it.  You have to remember we are talking about people with DEEP pockets when we are talking about the kind of schools in play here.

FAU loaned Lane Kiffin a whole lot of money - FootballScoop
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 5:00 PM #391557

Exactly, title is in Monte Kiffin’s name so it’s not like FAU can just take it back.  The note my be due in full if he leaves his position which isn’t a problem.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

At this point I am considering him a goner.   As for lane, he did a great job, sad it’s the end but we have to move on if it is.   I’m advocating for C Weis Sr to step up and take the headset for the bowl game!   That would be media gold! 

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

I'm just going to say this once before I don't mention it again until Saturday evening.

If we all get together and bet our collective student loan debts and mortgages on FAU -8 tomorrow, and use the winnings to give Lane Kiffin a SIZABLE pay bump, then maybe Lane will stay.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

I'm just going to say this once before I don't mention it again until Saturday evening.

If we all get together and bet our collective student loan debts and mortgages on FAU -8 tomorrow, and use the winnings to give Lane Kiffin a SIZABLE pay bump, then maybe Lane will stay.

Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 6:13 PM #391560

I think that is a solid bet.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I think if we raise his salary to 1.8Mish, he might stick around for another year. This gives us the opportunity to break records next year. And like others were saying, I think Charlie Weis Jr/Sr and Glenn Spencer would make great HCs here. The best way to keep this program running is to make as little change as possible. People who have seen Kiffin's scheme and day to day training would be the best at replicating what he has done here.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 6:13 PM #391560

I’m in! 
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

I think if we raise his salary to 1.8Mish, he might stick around for another year. This gives us the opportunity to break records next year. And like others were saying, I think Charlie Weis Jr/Sr and Glenn Spencer would make great HCs here. The best way to keep this program running is to make as little change as possible. People who have seen Kiffin's scheme and day to day training would be the best at replicating what he has done here.

Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 6:44 PM #391564

How about Wilson Love to replace Kiffin? Dude has a ton of passion and hunger. 

My other concern with Kiffin potentially leaving is him taking key personnel with him. 
Back to the top

I hope we haven't taken our eye off the ball. Not much game talk.  We can't control the business part off the game. Prediction.   Even with all the distractions.  Fau  35. Uab  10
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I hope we haven't taken our eye off the ball. Not much game talk.  We can't control the business part off the game. Prediction.   Even with all the distractions.  Fau  35. Uab  10
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 8:03 PM #391569

They’re the defending conference champs. Definitely not looking past UAB.  They have a great Defense and we need our OLine to play well. If our OLine can’t limit the tackles for loss it’ll be a long day. 
Back to the top
Control functions: