Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach KIFFIN 4/1 Arkansas

If he were to leave for greener pastures, I would think a homerun Hire would be Tony Elliot or Jeff Scott. I think Tony Elliot makes a lot of sense.

1. Obvious favor from President Kelly
2. Worked under Dabo for his entire tenure as HC
3. Great recruiter "Named one of the top-25 recruiters in the nation in 2015 and one of the top-10 recruiters in the ACC by Rivals."
4. A broyles award receipient in 2017
5. Coached Travis Ettiene, Wayne Gallman, and Andre Ellington which would appeal to our current and future running back stable
6. Currently makes about 1 million a year and wouldn't be taking a pay cut

7. Would be taking over a team in great position for him to win early and often.  
Back to the top

Mike Leach could be intriguing and I still like the idea of Mark Richt. How about Charlie Strong? I like the idea of hiring an established name like we did with Lane. Enough of these “up and coming” coaches like Pelini and Partridge. We need a guy that already knows what a winning program looks like and has been at the head. Ok, maybe not Charlie Strong!
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Mike Leach could be intriguing and I still like the idea of Mark Richt. How about Charlie Strong? I like the idea of hiring an established name like we did with Lane. Enough of these “up and coming” coaches like Pelini and Partridge. We need a guy that already knows what a winning program looks like and has been at the head. Ok, maybe not Charlie Strong!
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2019, 3:13 PM #391392

I agree being a head coach is much diff than being an assistant. Look at manny diaz

Back to the top

cbboarder said

Too many P5 coaching vacancies.

FSU
BC
Missouri
Arkansas
Ole Miss
S. Florida (is the AAC considered P5)

South Carolina could be next…

Posted On: Dec 1st 2019, 9:45 PM #391356

You can add U DUB to the list. Chris Petersen resigned today.
Back to the top

I think they gave the UW job to one of his Coordinators right away
Back to the top

Yes - Jimmy Lake (current DC) was immediately named the new head coach.
Back to the top

teambeer said

I think they gave the UW job to one of his Coordinators right away
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2019, 4:40 PM #391395

Washington has announced they WILL NOT be doing a HC search! They have their guy, THANK GOD, that one worried me the second I heard it on the radio in my car!!!!

Back to the top

I trust our AD to make the right choice. It’s not looking good as far as Lane staying
Back to the top

I wasn't aware that Lane had hogs over his house until listening to the podcast. Not looking good for us especially if he leaves for a lower tier SEC program as I think he could do a lot better if he gave us one more year.
Back to the top

Only two reasons to go to Arkansas, ego and money. I just don't see any other reasons to go to Arkansas. Not likely to have any real success in the SEC, not an ideal place to live, nothing about it seems like a selling point. However, ego and money might be reason enough.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: