Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach KIFFIN 4/1 Arkansas

As a 59 year old guy that has lived in Florida my whole life , but worked all over the country, I have one bit of advice for lane. Should you take the Arkansas  job, take a picture of your first deposit into your bank account. Make that picture your cell phone main screen. Look at that picture as much as you can. Because you will be in Arkansas. You will need something to pick you up. But remember, you can always move back to Florida and live happily ever after.
Back to the top

ArkansasHOGINATOR said

Just some insight for you FAU people.  Some of our members on the 247 Arkansas forums have posted today that Kiffin has agreed to the deal with us and will announce Sunday/Monday.

This is coming from people with sources that have been 100% accurate in the past. Also sources with people who actually draw up the contracts.

Lane train is coming to the hill.
Posted On: Dec 5th 2019, 10:07 PM #391506

If Lane does decide to leave here I see no reason why Lane chooses Arkansas over Ole Miss. You can take that back to your Arkansas 247 board. 
Back to the top

FAUOwl2019 said

ArkansasHOGINATOR said

Just some insight for you FAU people.  Some of our members on the 247 Arkansas forums have posted today that Kiffin has agreed to the deal with us and will announce Sunday/Monday.

This is coming from people with sources that have been 100% accurate in the past. Also sources with people who actually draw up the contracts.

Lane train is coming to the hill.
Posted On: Dec 5th 2019, 10:07 PM #391506

If Lane does decide to leave here I see no reason why Lane chooses Arkansas over Ole Miss. You can take that back to your Arkansas 247 board. 
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 6:12 AM #391513

I'd take Arkansas over Ole Miss 10 out of 10 times. NW Arkansas isn't Boca but it's a whole lot better than any place in Mississippi. Plus UA's facilities are better and they have 4 or 5 boosters with a pile of cash (JJ, Walmart, Purdue, JB Hunt, etc.).

I hope he stays but it's not looking good. I'll always be a Lane fan, so no matter where he ends up I'll be rooting for him.
Back to the top

Ole Miss is a bowl team right now, they have an extremely talented dual-threat QB (mostly a runner now - but think Jalen Hurts) who could do some very good things for the next several years, and they have the Grove that would be appealing to Lane. 

Arkansas has those big-money boosters and some nice facilities, but they just lost to the likes of WKU and San Jose State this year (and UNT last year).  They have only won 4 games total the last 2 years, and they haven’t won any SEC games in that span. 

Kiffin may end up in Arkansas, but my guess would be that happens because that is the only place he got an offer - hard to think based on money probably being relatively equal he would choose Arkansas over Ole Miss or FSU or even Missouri based on the football situation he would be walking into. 
Back to the top

So I'm assuming some of you don't know Kiffin history and he is your own coach.

Lane has tried to get this job before and was very upset and slamming doors in his facility when he didn't get it.  

His Dad coached here.

Ole miss threw his brother under the bus.  So would he really go to that even considering Arkansas has more money for him?

Also we lost to horrible teams do to horrible coaching.  If you watched any of our games you would scratch your head with the coaching decision making.  Example: the qb carousel.  Our OC has/had no real experience and it showed. Our HC was out of his league and got hired by Jones and boosters not by an Ad.

We are 3 amazing freshman WR's. We have Rakeem Boyd. We also have a Jalen type freshman QB KJ Jefferson.

I think your talking on some points you don't have good info on.
Back to the top

I do remember reading these stories but I cannot remember the last time Arkansas was relevant. Hope Kiffin can give your school something to be proud of
Back to the top

I can guarantee you ark that Lane can do nothing to change the fact the hogs are going to get CRUSHED by bama LSU auburn. It he goes it’s only a cash grab and to move onto a better job. He’ll bolt after his first 8 win season. Lol that you think you won’t get spanked like there’s a never ending detention. I guess there was petrino but I think that was before bama came back. Before that there was outzen tripping over his own feet and handing the nc to Tennessee 
Back to the top

TheREALowlsley said

I do remember reading these stories but I cannot remember the last time Arkansas was relevant. Hope Kiffin can give your school something to be proud of
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 9:19 AM #391517

Since Bobby Petrino 8 years ago
Back to the top

Local Owl said

As a 59 year old guy that has lived in Florida my whole life , but worked all over the country, I have one bit of advice for lane. Should you take the Arkansas  job, take a picture of your first deposit into your bank account. Make that picture your cell phone main screen. Look at that picture as much as you can. Because you will be in Arkansas. You will need something to pick you up. But remember, you can always move back to Florida and live happily ever after.
Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 5:56 AM #391511
bb

I agree!  The Arkansas job is a low tier SEC job.  Ole Miss is lower tier job as well but has had recent success over the years.  Tbh both are stepping stone jobs and not desirable places to live.  When LSU is destroying Arkansas by 30, I’m going to laugh so hard.  Norvell is a better option from a better conference and you are begging for Kiffin who beats ODU yearly.  Check the records, he won but those Power 5 games we played were not pretty just like that 2020 whipping LSU will put on Arkanas.  He did his job,  got us relevancy and exposure,  he can move on.  I would think hes smart enough to get a 6 million dollar job if he waited.  Once he gets fired from Arkansas he will be done with head coaching period.  Skipping the coaches show is shady,  just like a politician.  Win our game on Saturday thank you next. 
Back to the top

Arkansas is fine school; they have plenty of money and fan support, but going from FAU to Arkansas is jumping into the deep end of the college football pool. Going against Bama, LSU, Auburn and even A&M every year is brutal. Kiffin is a good coach but the ceiling at Arkansas is only so much higher than FAU these days. No hard feelings wherever Kiffin goes. 
Back to the top
Control functions: