Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach KIFFIN 4/1 Arkansas

I think Briles could be intriguing. I think maybe  Charlie Weis .Jr. could be a good head coach. I don’t think Lane winds up in the SEC. I think it will be the Pac 12
Back to the top

I am genuinely curious.

What makes Briles a good hire for this program?

Back to the top

Good question Shane
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

I am genuinely curious.

What makes Briles a good hire for this program?

Posted On: Nov 22nd 2019, 11:48 AM #390957

Not that I don’t agree with you but beyond the obvious of no head coaching experience why do you think he would not be?  

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Good question dusky.
Back to the top

Kiffin needs to prove he can win and show that he has matured.  Besides the tweets he has been good for our program, and if he ever goes back to a bigger school it would be 1,000 times amplified.  He is still young in head coaching years, but given his track record if he fails again, he is done as a coach period.  It’s all up to him but tbh our program and fan base is the right mix for him now, we embraced the madness while others didnt and while others will never. In my opinion and from an AD’s view he’s still unproven, from a win’s standpoint and from a changing a program completely standpoint besides what he did for us. He still bears blames for USC and Tennessee, so he’s seen more as a cancer than a healer, we are his only miracle so he needs proven years that can be duplicated for another program.

A good question to ask is why should Kiffin get hired over a proven winner in a tougher conference like Mike Norvell with no baggage?  It’s a risk assessment and no AD is risking their job for a what-if scenario with Kiffin.  I just don't see what’s intriguing going to say an Oregon st. and never winning anything besides the money.  He stays 4 years or more because he needs to win, show he has changed as a person and made the University and football team better.  As for Briles, he’s to risky, the moment an Arkansas like Power 5 job becomes open he would jump ship in a heartbeat.  I was a fan of his and had he stayed I do believe we would have gotten to a bowl game  last year.  If his desire is to become a head coach  it was sittting right in front of him, he would have been the head coach in waiting for Kiffin once he  left.  Look at how he left his beloved alma mater Houston for FSU right after.  If and when Kiffin does leave we should have a successor ready, to continue the momentum that our team is building.  
Back to the top

How about Charlie partridge.  He built a heck of a team that won 11 games.
Back to the top

First off, I still am not sure about the whole Briles didn't call plays after the first few games in 2017, because I saw him on the sidelines immediately after every play talking to Driskell and I guess telling him what play to run. Then I saw FSU this year and they were running a lot of the same plays we did in 2017, like jet sweeps that actually work. I think Briles is the main reason Willie Wright excelled that year. Because of his name he will probably never get a P5 job, and if he does it'll be years from now. If we had Briles, the only job we would have to worry about is Houston, which might a job he's been wanting. Briles was very impressed with Robison that year.
Back to the top

Briles isn't proven yet. Kiffin happens to be one of the best playcallers in the game so its hard to know how much Briles contributed to the 2017 FAU offense. And I think it we would get way too much hate if we hired him. It wouldn't be worth the risk
Back to the top

Local Owl said

How about Charlie partridge.  He built a heck of a team that won 11 games.
Posted On: Nov 22nd 2019, 4:08 PM #390962

Now that's funny.

We should have "likes" button.
Back to the top
Control functions: