Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach KIFFIN 4/1 Arkansas

FAUALUM0526 said

FAUOwl2019 said

The AD, president, and the president of the BOR all love Kendal. I would expect him to be the next head coach if Lane gets the arkansas job.

If Lane makes the jump to Arkansas, which I think is becoming more of a reality. Kendal would be a great hire if we could somehow land him. I don’t believe he’s done enough to warrant any looks from any power schools in search of Head Coaches. Couple that with our new sports facilities and I can’t see Kendal turning us down if we offer him and remain an OC. Unless, maybe, he gets a HCIW title. 
Posted On: Dec 1st 2019, 8:23 AM #391307

He loves FAU and from the day he left has talked about returning. 
Posted On: Dec 1st 2019, 8:29 AM #391308

That’ll definitely take the sting out of a potential Lane departure! I have no doubt that we’d progress as a program under Kendal. 
Back to the top

I just don't see Coach K taking Arkansas, he can wait and do MUCH better! To me, Arkansas is like Rutgers, 4 guaranteed Conference DIVISION losses a year.
Back to the top

FAUOwl2019 said

The AD, president, and the president of the BOR all love Kendal. I would expect him to be the next head coach if Lane gets the arkansas job.

If Lane makes the jump to Arkansas, which I think is becoming more of a reality. Kendal would be a great hire if we could somehow land him. I don’t believe he’s done enough to warrant any looks from any power schools in search of Head Coaches. Couple that with our new sports facilities and I can’t see Kendal turning us down if we offer him and remain an OC. Unless, maybe, he gets a HCIW title. 

We all knew this day was coming. Lane's been great for the program and the school. However, we failed as a fan base by not putting people in the seats. Lane and his staff have put a quality product on the field and they never got the support they deserved. If we had 20K plus at every game we could have kept him for a few more years.

With that said, God speed Coach wherever your path shall lead.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I just don't see Coach K taking Arkansas, he can wait and do MUCH better! To me, Arkansas is like Rutgers, 4 guaranteed Conference DIVISION losses a year.
Posted On: Dec 1st 2019, 9:06 AM #391310

It seems a little odd for him not to tweet after the game. Something's up…..?
Back to the top

cbboarder said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Dec 1st 2019, 9:06 AM #391310

It seems a little odd for him not to tweet after the game. Something's up…..?
Posted On: Dec 1st 2019, 9:14 AM #391312

I agree!! Quiet as a mouse and I think the silence is rather telling.. 
Back to the top

cbboarder said

FAUOwl2019 said

We all knew this day was coming. Lane's been great for the program and the school. However, we failed as a fan base by not putting people in the seats. Lane and his staff have put a quality product on the field and they never got the support they deserved. If we had 20K plus at every game we could have kept him for a few more years.

Go Owls!
Posted On: Dec 1st 2019, 9:12 AM #391311

The support in the stands can definitely be better and it is a shame more people don’t turn out but I believe as FAU progresses and grows so to will attendance. That’s one of scary aspects about Lane leaving because we have to bring in a coach that will continue the progress. I’d like to think we’re past the days of needing multiple seasons to accumulate 9 wins. 
Back to the top

FAUOwl2019 said

cbboarder said

FAUOwl2019 said

Go Owls!

The support in the stands can definitely be better and it is a shame more people don’t turn out but I believe as FAU progresses and grows so to will attendance. That’s one of scary aspects about Lane leaving because we have to bring in a coach that will continue the progress. I’d like to think we’re past the days of needing multiple seasons to accumulate 9 wins. 
Posted On: Dec 1st 2019, 9:27 AM #391315

Same. Coach Kiff established a winning culture here now we just need someone who can build on it. Personally, I’d like to get someone who would be here for the long haul and looks at Boca as their last stop in coaching before retirement. Briles  wouldn’t be a bad hire but how about Mark Richt?? 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

FAUOwl2019 said

cbboarder said

FAUOwl2019 said

Go Owls!

Posted On: Dec 1st 2019, 9:27 AM #391315

Same. Coach Kiff established a winning culture here now we just need someone who can build on it. Personally, I’d like to get someone who would be here for the long haul and looks at Boca as their last stop in coaching before retirement. Briles  wouldn’t be a bad hire but how about Mark Richt?? 
Posted On: Dec 1st 2019, 9:37 AM #391316

No thanks! The only team I hate more than The U is UGA (mainly because I live in Atlanta). And of course he's coached both….
Back to the top

There is a lot being said about the fans not showing up and there are a lot of reasons being given about why that is the situation.  Most of them are valid, but I think we also have to look within ourselves.  I think one of the toughest '"rebuild" situations here is in the marketing area.  It is 10:00 on Sunday morning after winning the division and I can't find anywhere to buy tickets for the next game.  No emails, no banners, no nothing.  That is a "check list" item that should have been covered withing 3 hours of the end of the game.  My understanding is that there are some severe disruptions taking place internally and i think the new AD will be able to turn it around, but it is going to be a monstrous job.
Back to the top

FAUALUM0526 said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

cbboarder said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

I am genuinely curious.

What makes Briles a good hire for this program?

Posted On: Nov 22nd 2019, 11:48 AM #390957

For me, in some respects he's a little like Lane. Been around the game his entire life, has learned from some of the best in the business and has had some shady character concerns.

Why he's good for us? He's young, able to connect with the student athletes (and recruits), he's not green to the area and of course his offense is pretty potent. I think he needs someone like FAU to prove he's capable of running a P5 school in the future.

Now with that being said, the 4 jobs in 5 years is a little concerning. I've had 2 jobs since graduating from FAU 30 years ago and one of them was the US Navy.

Shane - What's your take?
Posted On: Nov 22nd 2019, 7:48 PM #390970

He is not a fit nor is ready.

Being a head coach is more than being a "good play-caller.''

I first can make the argument that he has not been great since he left under his dad.

He lost control of some if not most of play-calling after the Buffalo game in 2017, and if you look at the development of Chris Robinson and how the offense has performed this year with a banged-up backfield and a WR core that is filled with guys who have been just ok most of their career.  It has become more clear Kiffin deserves most of the credit for being the mastermind behind this offense.

The offense was good at Houston with D'Eriq King at QB and FSU this year has been just ok to good.

He does not take all the responsibility, but the last three of the last four jobs he has been at the head coach has been fired.

I am not a fan of taking someone who, outside his year at FAU has been with programs and leadership you do not want your program to reflect.

Do you want someone from the Briles, Applewhite, Targgart coaching tree?

Now when you factor this how would suspect he builds a staff. People regularly underestimate this quality in hiring coaches.

There is a reason coach Orgeron is not the 3-9 guy from Ole Miss at LSU. He has some of the top assistants in the country.

Since he has bounced around so much and been at places where coaches have been fired, how do you expect him to build a quality staff?

He will need a ton of guys who can recruit Florida since that is not his background at all.

Lastly, fair or not his last name is Briels and that will be met with controversy. It is different when he is the head man creating the culture and has to be the face.

FAU has enough issues trying to win fans over.
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2019, 8:58 AM #390973

Posted On: Dec 1st 2019, 8:00 AM #391306

Brian White wasn’t even here for Kendel, so how does he have a love affair? Where has Kendel talked about returning? 

Again, what has he shown on and off the field that makes home a top candidate for a top G5 job?

What has he done at FSU this year that makes you say “yea that’s my guy?”  

Back to the top
Control functions: