Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach Kiffin on Boca Bowl for The Owls

"We are so excited we can be a part of this game…to be chosen for this bowl and have a chance to play in our home stadium" Coach @Lane_Kiffin on being selected to play in the @BocaBowl.
Back to the top

"We didn't have a team meeting yet…the staff members that I talked to were very excited…i'm sure the players feel the same way." Coach @Lane_Kiffin on the team's reaction.
Back to the top

"…the bowls select you, There wasn't a process of making a decision." Coach @Lane_Kiffin on if he had a place in Bowl selection.
Back to the top

"I did not…the kids are still here…I couldn't tell you…we had a great day at the Boca Beach Club and waited to hear where we were going." Coach @Lane_Kiffin on if he followed the days progressions and news leading to the bowl announcement.
Back to the top

"I think anytime you play at home that helps…the fact that we're not just playing at home but have been successful this year is terrific…but you still have to perform." Coach @Lane_Kiffin on having home field advantage for the @BocaBowl.
Back to the top

"We don't make the selections, so I don't spend time on things we can't control. If we don't have control there is no use in talking about it." Coach @Lane_Kiffin on if he wanted a more high profile bowl.
Back to the top

Coach/employee speak.  End of story.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 6:02 PM #374807

Exactly.

I can buy the "they select us, we don't select them" thing but these "ecstatic about going" - nobody believes that.

Our goal next year should be to not win the conference - Boca Bowl seems to want the CUSA Champ - or go completely undefeated and hope that supercedes our ties here.

Because this is bulls***.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

True but we have to accept the gift that has been given - a BIG win 11 at home, be there and celebrate FAU remaining perfect in Bowl games!

And an  interesting note - be there to celebrate Coach K's 1st Bowl win as a HC - not joking! 0-2 so far, His Owls are gonna change that!

Oh, and one more thing, celebrate the win the day before the new early National Signing Day, Coach K and staff's next Big victory!!!
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

sigep77 said

Exactly.

I can buy the "they select us, we don't select them" thing but these "ecstatic about going" - nobody believes that.

Our goal next year should be to not win the conference - Boca Bowl seems to want the CUSA Champ - or go completely undefeated and hope that supercedes our ties here.

Because this is bulls***.
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 6:14 PM #374814

We go undefeated next year we are a New Years Six Bowl game - cool!!!. Problem solved - F CUSA and get ready to be invited up! :cool:
Back to the top
Control functions: