Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach Kiffin on Boca Bowl for The Owls

And I am gonna ad that even if FSU accepted their Bowl game first, I guarantee they gave a list of whom they would and would not play!!!! Guess which list we would have been on!
Back to the top

I predict a crowd of no more than 12k.  Again, I am actually cool with the Boca Bowl and the cost savings and everything else.  But Akron???  That is a runner-up MAC team who just got whipped by Toledo, and we couldn't even draw an AAC team (FIU gets Temple in St. Pete).  If we get a MAC team, this seems like CUSA really wants their champ in this game.  Trying not to just blow up on this, but nothing can really justify the conference champ drawing probably the worst opponent.

I know it will be great to win the game and keep a big streak going, and it will be cool to do it in the stadium.  But I feel like even the hardcore fans are going to seriously contemplate sitting this one out.
Back to the top

We got ourselves a Maction game.

A weeknight game vs an AVG make.

It's hard to fill our stadium when most our fans are excited, but as a diehard I am angry and not looking forward to it. I can't imagine how the avg fans feel.

We are going to be laughing stock when we have a bowl and 10k people are there.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

It's hard to fill our stadium when most our fans are excited, but as a diehard I am angry and not looking forward to it. I can't imagine how the avg fans feel.

Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 6:24 PM #374820

So help stop that by going and bringing fans to a Bowl game YOUR Owls are in and are gonna win to boot! It will be fun to rip someone else other than EVERYONE IN CUSA! :Laughing:
Back to the top

I can’t believe some of these comments.  You can’t control the opponent or the bowl.  Since this is the bowl we are in, may as well make the most of it.  Who care who the opponent is?  Go watch your team hopefully win a bowl game…it’s only been a DECADE!  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I can’t believe some of these comments.  You can’t control the opponent or the bowl.  Since this is the bowl we are in, may as well make the most of it.  Who care who the opponent is?  Go watch your team hopefully win a bowl game…it’s only been a DECADE!  
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 6:35 PM #374824

Absolutely! This will be a 11 win season. None of us saw that coming… Yes it's disappointing but think of the money we'll save for next years New Year's Day game….
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

For once we are in agreement.

44 - You might not like the comments but they are spot on.  Don’t try to sugar coat this fiasco. As David said we pulled the biggest FAU in our history.

BTW David, congratulations!  A bit more important than this crap.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

It’s just silly to me to be this upset about something you have zero control over.  So we didn’t get the game we wanted?  OK…we got an extra home game instead.  It’s not the end of the world.  Win the game and in a few years nobody will remember the opponent, just that the team won a bowl game.  

In order to grow the program to the place we want it to be, there needs to be better fan support.  So boycott if you want because of this, but that won’t help matters.  Be part of the solution and go enjoy the team hopefully winning another trophy.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

owlcountry40 said

So help stop that by going and bringing fans to a Bowl game YOUR Owls are in and are gonna win to boot! It will be fun to rip someone else other than EVERYONE IN CUSA! :Laughing:
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 6:28 PM #374823
No you can. The C-USA leadership should have done everything in their power to get a better matchup for their champ. It's not a good look for you champ to play a trash team.
Back to the top

Boycotting is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Tuesday night is a bad night  I can not make it. i will watch on ESPN and cheer my team to victory. The biggest thing Lane Kiffin has done is prove that this program can be winner over night if you have the proper coaching and recruiting. Partridge did the recruiting and Kiffin brought the staff in to make it work.
Back to the top
Control functions: