Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach Kiffin on Boca Bowl for The Owls

fauowls44 said

It’s just silly to me to be this upset about something you have zero control over.  So we didn’t get the game we wanted?  OK…we got an extra home game instead.  It’s not the end of the world.  Win the game and in a few years nobody will remember the opponent, just that the team won a bowl game.  

In order to grow the program to the place we want it to be, there needs to be better fan support.  So boycott if you want because of this, but that won’t help matters.  Be part of the solution and go enjoy the team hopefully winning another trophy.
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 6:51 PM #374830

No, what is silly is just accepting this without demanding an explanation.  I don’t just take things lying down as apparently some of you do.  I am going to find out what happened and why and then I will make a decision on what I am going to do. If there is a legitimate reason why this occurred the so be it but I want to know what it is.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

As fans we have every right to be upset that were facing a trash MAC opponent. They are ranked #110 by the S&P Computer rankings after their loss yesterday
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

As fans we have every right to be upset that were facing a trash MAC opponent. They are ranked #110 by the S&P Computer rankings after their loss yesterday
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 7:09 PM #374834

Lost the MAC Championship game at least they have won 7 this year. I agree though the MAC s___s. The Owls need to show the world just how bad the MAC is!!!
Back to the top

Here is the Yahoo Sports early look at all 39 games;

2017 College Football Bowl rankings

Boca Bowl at no. 26, Indy Bowl dead last at no. 39!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

We just have to take the positives. We all wanted more but that’s just how these bowls are designed. There are a lot of really good G5 schools getting disrespected. I hope that the school/bowl does something cool for the players, they deserve to be celebrated. We have had a great season and maybe if we win by 50 conference USA will get a little more credit. 
And of course fan support will huge for our University’s  image, but we have been saying that forever.
Back to the top

Support your Owls no matter what guys! Go see win 11!!!!
Back to the top

10k in the stands and we'll look bad on TV?  Crap guys, we average just above that for regular home games.  Why are we suddenly acting like something is gonna change?  We already look bad on our own.

I don't have all the inner workings of bowls but I have the feeling it's about corporate sponsors, end of year corporate retreats/rewards, and ESPN selling ads to generate revenue for them.

At the beginning of the season we just wanted to make a bowl game.  Now we get to see 8 home games (More tailgating! More times in the stadium! More Owl Walks, cheering on the players) including the championship and bowl game.  This RARELY happens everyone - take a moment to appreciate what we have.

Most big boy championship games are at a neutral site - you gotta travel for tho$e.

Most bowl games are at a neutral site - you gotta travel for tho$e.

Sorry - sunshine pumping again…
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

It’s just silly to me to be this upset about something you have zero control over.  So we didn’t get the game we wanted?  OK…we got an extra home game instead.  It’s not the end of the world.  Win the game and in a few years nobody will remember the opponent, just that the team won a bowl game.  

In order to grow the program to the place we want it to be, there needs to be better fan support.  So boycott if you want because of this, but that won’t help matters.  Be part of the solution and go enjoy the team hopefully winning another trophy.
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 6:51 PM #374830

Completely incorrect.  There was control over this and this was expected.  FAU could have done a better job of politicking to ensure we get the best bowl with the best exposure possible.

FAU failed again.

Better fan support comes with marquee matchups.  It's not just talk but it's action that's been seen.  The better teams we've faced at home and even the better teams we've played away at have been our best crowds.  Period.  End stop.  Akron is a complete failure. F-.
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

10k in the stands and we'll look bad on TV?  Crap guys, we average just above that for regular home games.  Why are we suddenly acting like something is gonna change?  We already look bad on our own.

I don't have all the inner workings of bowls but I have the feeling it's about corporate sponsors, end of year corporate retreats/rewards, and ESPN selling ads to generate revenue for them.

At the beginning of the season we just wanted to make a bowl game.  Now we get to see 8 home games (More tailgating! More times in the stadium! More Owl Walks, cheering on the players) including the championship and bowl game.  This RARELY happens everyone - take a moment to appreciate what we have.

Most big boy championship games are at a neutral site - you gotta travel for tho$e.

Most bowl games are at a neutral site - you gotta travel for tho$e.

Sorry - sunshine pumping again…

Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 7:23 PM #374839

You keep right on pumping those sunshine suppositories….
I know I need a few.
Back to the top

I have now huddled with my much smarter daughter (and wife) and not that i am all in (I guess that should be OWL-in), but regardless of what I think about this decision and our opponent I have been to all but 1 home game and I am going to be there to support our players no matter what.  I expect a crap attendance.  I expect a ho-hum smackdown of a team worse than most CUSA teams.  But I also expect to enjoy it and cheer hard for a team that I was just hopeful would be 7-5 when this season started.

I still hold-out the right to complain!
Back to the top
Control functions: