Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

coach on 850 today

basic interview with jeff deforest(sp?) on 850 this afternoon. coach talked about getting people out there this Saturday. deforest brought up the story about coach a few years back on the radio talking about winning the championship in 7 years and people hitting the floor. said people are starting to believe what this guys selling now. deforest brought up the Hawaii win and how far FAU as come in such little time was amazing.

other points from the interview:

-coach was the one of the first coaches to bring the NFL style to the college game. started throwing it down field when everyone else was running it up the middle (brought the dolphin playbook to Miami).

-said he's doing the same thing at FAU that he did at Miami in the early days, convincing the players to stay home instead of the going to the northern schools. my guess is his style of play attracted alot of 'em.

-caller after he was gone brought up the Oklahoma days, anyone have some perspective on that situation? deforest mentioned drinking allegations.
Back to the top

coach on 850 today

coach on 850 today

A lot of RUMORS circulated when he left Miami. He is still a sore spot with some of the Cane fans. The rep was out there for awhile.

From what I remember, he had a rough go in OKla. According to some folks there was an administration change after his hiring and before he got there, and he was fighting an uphill battle from jump.

I'm sure someone has a better recollection about the situation than I do.
Back to the top
Control functions: